Tuesday, January 23, 2007

happy, 3

Dear hopelessly tacky mini-lemon topiary that I purchased at Home Goods last week,

I like you. I like you a lot.

You're tacky, and everyone knows it. Even me. And I bought you anyway, because truly, you fit in perfect with my grand scheme. I felt tragically compelled in the New Year to decorate with a) bright yellow and b) fake fruit. And there you were on the shelf at the store, a veritable ball of sunshine, and for a price so cheap. You're fabulous. Don't let anyone give you shit.

Besides, you can't be any tackier than those cone-shaped topiary-thingies Martha Stewart was making last week with a hot glue gun and some mini candy bars.

Love,
Penelope, your biggest fan

5 comments:

mendacious said...

mmm lemons.

SW said...

Does the fact that I really don't find the lemon topiary tacky, make me, in return, tacky?

SW said...

PS, we don't have Home Goods here...where else can I find such a gem?

penelope said...

No, on the contrary, it gives me hope that I am actually un-tacky.

No Home Goods! Hmmm. Do you have a TJ Maxx? If so, try looking at their home stuff. It's the same company.

Andria said...

I find myself drawn to this lemon topiary as well. There's something about bright yellow that just makes one happy and cheerful. I often go for the so-hideous-it's-cute-and-I've-got-to-have-it-beacuse-it-just-makes-me-happy things as well.