Tuesday, May 9, 2006

tree!

I'm totally feeling some kind of Blogger's Guilt these past few days not posting--and when there's sooo much to say about ANTM's evil Jade! And to ponder whether BJ and Tyler will win the Amazing Race! And to do a little happy dance that Crazy Shane finally got the steel-toed boot off of Survivor! Clearly I'm being entirely too social. More soon, more soon, I promise. In the meantime, I give the yard's new tree, a gift from the in-laws for K.Lo. (Originally to be a house warming gift for A.Lo and J.Lo, but I digress...)

Japanese Weeping Cherry: reddish fall foliage, pink spring blossoms!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a weeping cherry tree in our backyard when I was growing up. It's the best tree ever. It grew into our septic tank, though, and had to be removed. It was a horrible, sad day. K.Lo will get many hours of happy climbing out of it. I want a weeping cherry tree!

mendacious said...

tis beautiful, tis glorious.

Somebody's Mom said...

It's a wonderful thing, to plant a tree and watch it grow. Take a picture of it and the babe every year on her birthday and when in blooms in spring. I can hardly wait for the blossoms, er that will be in about 10 or 11 months?