Monday, May 22, 2006

lack-luster

another lackluster blogging stint. i'm aware at least, of my own failure. pen says i'm going thru a period of adjustment. and i have to agree- it's traumatic actually to have not worked for so long to suddenly be working everyday for a specified length of time. i'm throwing anti-workout tantrums. i'm impatient that my checks don't seem to be clearing... and that they're not coming fast enough- when i get home i try to do nothing. i'm dismayed that i actually scheduled to see a show the night of the Lost finale- my whole world is topsy-turvey. i can barely return emails or think of sarcastic things to say. how come i didn't even blog or scream that it took me an hour to get to work yesterday- bcs yes, in no traffic 15min, traffic 30min, rain = jackasses- 1hour. i have as yet to post thoughts like: cancer makes me sad. or that i covered the floor of our house with confetti... lets see other things-wait till later today when i post about this italian restaurant i went to- if i can only find the strength.

3 comments:

penelope said...

i too am in a blogging slump. which is sad because usually when one of us slumps the other shines to make up for the slump. i want to blog about jerry hathaway being on desperate housewives, henry the man next door trying to pet bender over the fence (aw), and my plans for the summer without usually scheduled programming.

but alas. i feel so uninspired, so unable to string together words...

Anonymous said...

The jump into full-time work is tough. I remember going from a part-timer (leaving at 2 everyday) to a full-timer sapped all enthusiasm for living from me for about two weeks. It's an adjustment. And you feel like life is work and work is life because it's taking every ounce of energy you have. It'll smooth out. I'm at least able to make it through Top Chef before I fall asleep. Except on Fridays. I go to bed earlier on Friday than any day of the week. On Friday, I am done. At about 9:30.

Kurt said...

I hadn't notice any letup in quality.
rain = jackasses- 1hour, that's the kind of insight I come here for!