Friday, May 19, 2006

move over, Target

(But not too far.) I don't know how long this Old Time Pottery store has been in town, but oh my my. It's like, this giant warehouse-y type place with rows and rows and rows of fun things. It's like Home Goods on steroids, with a little bit of craft store thrown in. And some tiki torches, and a whole lot of pots. And, it's CHEAP.

Yesterday, on my first trip to OTP, I exercised an amazing show of Self-Restraint, and only purchased 3 candle holders for $1.99 each.

daytime:











lit up at night:










Also, fellow Pisces-fish Erin so sweetly fulfilled my lifelong dream of owning a garden gnome named Seymour. Seymour now resides in Herb Corner, along with munchkin friends Sid and Styles. Sid reads a book, while Styles, perhaps unfortunately, remains an integral part of a pinwheel.











And, while I'm at it, I suppose it's a good time to reveal the rest of the garden, which, so far, is growing. As a good garden should.



















Yay for gardens!

Next up at OTP: possible belated housewarming gift for brother, in form of metal pink flamingo planter. Mwahahahaha.

5 comments:

Megs said...

I love that store!! My garden has definitely benefitted immensely from its crazy-cheap garden things and I bought HUGE real pottery planters for 7 dollars. I thought I would puke with excitement. My sister bought an area rug and found stools there that are target brand.

I know exactly the flamingo of which you speak and I secretly covet him.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE OTP! We had one in Atlanta, and that's where I got all my dinnerware. I got plates and bowls for $1.50 each that would've been like $15 each at Pier One. And they have great picture frames. I haven't been to the ILM one yet, but I might have to make a trip this weekend...

penelope said...

Yay, I'm glad you all know what I'm talking about! I'm actually kind of glad I didn't have a wad of cash on hand; it would have disappeared in minutes.

mendacious said...

you know we're just humoring you. these people have been paid.

mendacious said...

and currently i'm afraid the gnome will come alive and pull up all the marigolds.