Wednesday, May 10, 2006

To the Employed

Wow. So this may be the best job ever except when I worked for my director- who i sort of view as a surrogate brother, so you can't really compare. But the last 2 days I've really been their third, lesser used, brain. Yesterday we watched JudgeJudy and DrPhil and I got invited along to take the dogs for a walk. I learned about their birthdays and their ages... Okay, so who is 'they'... why the producer/talents of the show about that catch phrase about juice and creativity..on the Do//It//Y... and so far it's a very good time. Although on my first day I smacked into a jeep cherokee and was 10+minutes late to work. It was more ridiculous than it sounds but it still points to me being a jackass and yes, totally incompetent. Brain failure (which ironically enough i was spelling: failier, failor. yes, i am special.) Anyway it totally distresses me. So we're working out of the producers house and I had to park on this steep side street and on the descent i was pulling too close to this guys bumper and as my car is a small ton lead weight, i decided to tap the accelorator in order to avoid his bumper, unfortunately for me i had not placed the car in DRIVE but was still in REVERSE. WTF. (Dumbass). I floor it and go bashing into his car, wrenching off his license plate, scratching up my car- along with 2 deep dimple, bolt marks... and as I wait all day for some angry call to come I see on the way home the 'For Sale' sign on the back of the car. The next day i notice it is moved a space up and still no call has come. So i wonder and wait for my beratement. Bad girl. Bad person. I am going to take all the money in your piggybank. You are a bad stupid girl driver. You do not deserve a license. So I called the producer and said, hey yah, um I'm "parking"... I'll be right there, I say. And the rest of the day progressed merrily along...

Which reminds me about my fortune and it reads: You will have gold pieces by the bushel. It makes me laugh everytime I see it- in all its biblical proportions- bushels... birds... the root of evil. so, besides...

The only trick now will be how to slip the personal time into this intense work environment- a little email checking, phone message looking... but alas it will not be the same as hours of free time to do what I please and get paid for it. And there's no wandering around the office. I may work for my keep and become weary and long for the weekend, but we'll see. I can only imagine that the next 10months will be the most fantastic ever- and thank you guys for your well wishes! I will try to stay non-injured, employed and in a positive mind frame in order to accomplish all said goals... and of course am going to take mental note of all entertaining anecdotes to relate to you- my beautiful blog people.

Blogs to come: judgement, photoalbums and uh...

No comments: