Sunday, November 6, 2005

Not FREAKISHLY INTELLIGENT

Sadly, alas- I did not get into Mensa. A blow tempered by the knowledge of its unattainability. But while for a brief moment I believed I belonged, it was beautiful music. In retropspect it's good to not be in the top rungs of intelligence, as it decreases their ability to cope with reality, but if it weren't for the math I might've gotten in. I do believe that was my downfall or perhaps bcs i only got to question 35 in the problem solving category. And further Mensa doesn't tell you where you placed. Cruel. I might feel justified if I had barely gotten in, like in highschool when my guidance counselor said a 3.5 average wasn't good enough. For what? There may be other tests but for now I'll let my mediocre and deplorable spelling abilities rest in the assured fact of their non-eschiloned status. And now I must also turn from my dreams of meeting the man of my dreams by the kitchen table of the Mensa mixer, or not being able to live up to the crushing pressure of abnormality, and coolness. We can't all be physics teachers before we're 25. I blame my upbringing.
MEA CULPA

2 comments:

penelope said...

buck up, little camper--did you really want to join Geena Davis' club? blah.

SW said...

Yea, buck up chum. This just leaves the door wide open for...

A show you thought was boring when you were little but now is actually interesting to watch because you know a few of the answers.


What is...JEOPARDY!

Take that Trebeck! Here comes the Schu!