Tuesday, November 15, 2005

marginally spoiled

do you ever have those days where you fail by half at everything? for instance you're running errands and they only have one ink cartridge, not the 2 you need. and then by the 3rd place you go, searching for some light bulbs- you tragically fail- bcs they're special lightbulbs and you get the wrong one anyway and know you have to return it, then you get weirdly rejected at radioshak and you hate them anyway- and it seems that the day was full of half successes so the whole day seems to extrapolate failure, so why bother getting stamps or doing anything else but wearily, wearily returning home parched for water and protein, to attempt the futile non-necessities of life, and you think thank god my cable is working and i have food in the fridge- and wonder... what was the point of all of it- those stupid things on the list... just to make your world aesthetically harmonious despite logic that tells you they're not important.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I have never had one of these days. I am an perpetual success story. For me the glass is never half-empty or half-full. It is filled with juice all the way to the top (well, except for the little dip of the meniscus).

Anonymous said...

And I did that on purpose, the grammtical error. If there was only a website that offered a service which could prevent such blunders. A place where one could go to improve their punctuation, spelling, and grammar for a better overall presentation.

penelope said...

Hey...someone's making fun of me, and I'm not sure who it is.

mendacious said...

i thought that was you and i was going to say all sorts of "nasty" sarcastic things. (and oddly you know I pictured the juice with pulp. Which I do love, and if I could have it all the time, unexpectadly, my life would be a success story.) also, strangly i do think there is a website that could reprove all my grammatical and spelling needs. but let's talk about my artwebsite.

penelope said...

Oh sure, let's talk about the ART website, always the ART website. I'm trying to drum up business here! Hee.

And no, it wasn't me. But that would have been clever, wouldn't it.