Thursday, November 10, 2005

Meet Michael Bolton


An African Dwarf Frog purchased at Petco yesterday evening, Michael Bolton is having a rough first day at the office. I picked him because he was the acrobat of the bunch, and because the sign said "hardy." We need hardy around here after the recent Search scare. But this, people, is why I never cleaned the fish tank. I don't have good luck with the aquatic creatures. I killed sea monkeys back in '97, for pete's sake, and those aren't even technically alive.

This morning when I went to the kitchen to check on him, he seemed peachy. Several minutes later, however, he flipped onto his back and stayed there for quite some time, despite my pleading and encouragement: "Don't die on me now, Michael Bolton! Don't be dead!" But then he was fine again. I think he might like to lie on his back when he poos. Or maybe he just likes to lie on his back. But he is NOT DEAD. He's had two car trips in less than 24 hours. He's in a completely new environment. The spunk will return, it will.

DO NOT MOCK THE FROG!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had an african dwarf frog for 2 years. his name was horatio. he liked to sing at night in hopes of attracting a froggy wife. didn't work. long story short, he got this air bubble in his lung that forced him to float to the top and so he'd hide under this barrel thing to stay under water. i thought he would die, but eventually, the bubble disappeared and he lived for another year. they are very hardy! he died b/c he drowned. he dug up the barrel one day, which landed on his foot and held him underwater. i was getting groceries and came home to find him...on valentines's day no less. sad. but he was a great little guy! : )

mendacious said...

oh my god. tragic. why is everyone traumatizing me with their stories. poor little frog. see you at archery next week, no live targets, naturally.