Thursday, November 1, 2012

so here we are


all fresh-faced and 2004. 
It's funny because I remember I hadn't felt like washing my hair, 
so I shoved it into a ponytail and felt a little grungy 
but 8 years later I'm like, aw. 
And I still have/wear that jacket and scarf. 
Whether that's sad I don't know. 
But these were the Paramount days. 
When you took me to the Dr. Phil show and then on a mini-tour 
and we saw Oscar statues and a Titanic dress or two and what's-his-face-from-24 basking in the sun. 
Ha ha mwah.
Kiefer!

Bender. 
She's 10 now, or so we have decreed, 
since her actual birthday was never known. 
The children insist on presents for the fur-creatures 
and so she got a new collar. 
Which I kind of love. 
Still crazy as ever, that Bender. 
And she has two lumps, which I haven't talked about. 
Bailey has three or more. 
Bailey's are not attached, Bender's are. 
I don't know what it means and don't like to ponder. They're old, those dogs. 
Augh, time.


Today's photo-of-the-day was "starts with 'c," so mine was CS Lewis, 
whose full name I cannot get over. 
CLIVE STAPLES. 
What! 
Staples! 

I've begun again. 
It does kind of put the movie to shame. 
Even though I love the movie, too.

Gummy eyeballs are a little creepy.

CANDY.

Another photo-of-the-day: Clothes.

That car crash, ripped from the newspaper. See? Obliterated. 
I do tend to fixate and need to move on, clearly, 
but it still does give me the occasional shivers. 


I managed to not only remember that my car's state inspection was due, 
but forced myself to schedule it on time. 
Grown-up merit badge! Sewing it my sash. Anyway. 
Blessedly, the car passed. Remember last year, when it didn't? And I was at Shady McShaderson's fine Goodyear establishment and narrowly escaped like a few hundred dollars later? That was terrible. 
So anyway, the universe made up for that one at the Honda dealership with 
fresh-popped popcorn, free bottled water, a bowl of fresh fruit, candy and soda if I had wanted it, 
and an inexplicable free mini-mani for Wednesday-Ladies-Day. What? I know. 
It's a CAR PLACE. 
But I'm not complaining at all. My nails still feel lovely.


Another photo-a-day, which was on Monday, which was moon, 
which was absolutely not happening in the midst of Frankenstorm. 
So I asked K.Lo for a book with the moon, and she delivered in 30 seconds flat. 
Thanks, K.Lo! 



And look how nicely they clean up, those little ones. Aw. 

No comments: