Monday, August 11, 2008

your guide to AUGUST summer fare, by pen

1. Continue watching PROJECT RUNWAY, soaking up every last bit of the final season in NYC. HOW Tim Gunn is going to make his wardrobe work in LA, I know not.

2. Remain on the fence about The Secret Life of the American Teenager, in which Brenda Hampton completely recycles the music, flat acting, and after-school special vibe of Seventh Heaven. I thought this show was supposed to be, like, edgy or something?

3. The Hills! For all my fellow passengers on the LC Train, you will enjoy this article. Immensely.

4. Continue limping along with reruns of Gossip Girl, which yes, I LOVE, but I’m still bummed that there are gaping giant holes in the plot for us summer watchers. It's not very motivating. I may wait until the thing comes out on DVD to catch up fully… but the new season starts EARLY in September! Not much time left.

5. Continue to bog down DVR with reruns of House Hunters. In the meantime, research ways to expand DVR's recording capabilities. Is it possible with an external hard drive? Anyone, anyone?

6. Speaking of "Anyone, anyone?" WATCH THIS SEASON OF PSYCH. Particularly this episode. It's the best ever. I cannot say it enough. And Monk, too, continues to be great. Thank goodness for Hector Elizondo.

7. The Olympics. For a delightful rundown of events so far, see Megan's daily news segment.

And really, what else is there. Please advise in the Comments.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HSM: Get in the picture

penelope said...

Really?! Do tell. Is Nick Lachey as endearing as he was on Newleyweds?

Anonymous said...

Burn Notice...they generally blow up something every episode :) Ace of Cakes is always great too. They made a cake for the premiere of Kung Fu Panda in last week's ep.

Kurt said...

I see those little Gossip Girls on the steps of The Met filming every time I go there, but I only watched the show once, for a few minutes. I couldn't understand why that one girl only mumbles. I do, however, love repeating the name LEIGHTON MEESTER over and over in a loud voice that annoys my housemate.

Anonymous said...

oh kurt, i'm so jealous!!

Cue said...

Ooo, nice Hills article! Thank you. :)