Wednesday, August 27, 2008

POM ROCKS

Having complained recently of the theft of my Pom Tea Glass, the reps at Pom contacted me and were desirous of putting a salve to my wounded person. And it totally worked! They sent me 6 bottles of "Pomegranate Peach Passion", which I can only hope is as tasty as their original flavor +2 coupons for whatever Pom I want. Though my Pom glass went by the way, I now have actual people to think kindly about instead of a glass. Which in life terms, is probably more sustaining. I'd complain that today I walked in and found my smart water bottle gone but honestly I had a backup arrowhead bottle in the desk. Anyway, how cool and random. Did I mention Tasty?

Sincerely, yours forever.
M~


History of Pomegrantes for fruit fact thursday. I know it's Wednesday but you guys can adjust:

  • Pomegrantes are one of the first cultivated fruits.
  • Man first began planting pomegrante trees sometime btw 4/3000bc.
  • Some cultures believe it has mystical healing powers, and has appeared thru literature as both appealing and medicinal.
  • Many scholars suggest that it was actually a pomegranate, not an apple depicted as the fruit of the tree of knowledge... I've totally heard this before and if you've eaten a pomegranate it makes absolute sense! Frustrating, but tempting. Ultimately not as satisfying as you'd want. Intricate, maddening, matrix of the most alluring fruits... with a whole lot of seed. I can definitely see the knowledge of good and evil in it. Without a doubt.
  • Did I mention anti-oxidants?

8 comments:

penelope said...

Simply fantastic! Yay for Pom tea, and representatives contacting you, it's all so "official."

I love how Fruit Facts Thursday was all rolled into it as well. Does that leave me off the hook, or must I take care of the Animals?

Anonymous said...

Yum. How is it?

~sarah said...

i'm totally jealous! i need to start blogging about namebrands... : )

Kurt said...

I love pommagrannits. I once picked all the seeds out of one and put them in a bowl, then had a feast. It wasn't as good as eating them as you go.

Anonymous said...

I once took a lot of pomegrantes and put them in a big clean pot of water and broke them open and seperated all the seeds from the skin and stuff (that stuff floats to the top and the seeds sink and then you don't get squirted with the juice) and then pressed the seeds and made juice. Yummy, but a way lot of work. Better to buy POM.

mendacious said...

AA- it's a subtle flavor and totally all natural. though i have to be careful lest all the natural wonderfulness of the sugar hit me. 1 bottle is a deceptive 2 servings. but not bad at 160!

did i mention it's California grown. i canNOT argue with that!

Anonymous said...

Love the pix and glad you enjoyed the tea. Sorry, I can't help you with the water bottle...maybe you should see if there's a Smart Water blogger out there? Our parent company owns Fiji Water but I'm not sure if they have a blogger. :)
Cheers,
POM Blogger

Anonymous said...

Sarah, no need for jealousy, we have 21 new Pomegranate recipes, a fun video contest and a contest just for bloggers coming out in October. It may be a good time to start a blog...and when you do, hit me up. :)
Cheers,
POM Blogger