Tuesday, August 19, 2008

excerpt of famous pen & m email exchanges

(and this fucking new desk person who sits accross from me eats like the most fucking loud food- today its gum smacking, carrot crunching- yesterday it was gum smacking, chip crunching, talking very loudly in spanish for the job-) makes me want to shoot myself.. . though i am hypocritical in my sometimes carrot eating sunflower shucking self... but still! ; )

later that day:

text to pen from m: "ps. jack j TOO mellow- totally dig folksy x rudd."

From: penelope
To: mendacious
Subject: omg what do mean
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:03:27 -0400

TOO MELLOW?!
i mean, he is totally mellow, yes. but isn't that a good thing? like can't you picture yourself driving to the beach, immersed in the breezy music of jack j?
glad you like xavier though. he plays all those instruments himself!
:)


RE: omg what do mean‏
From: mendacious

To: penelope
Sent: Tue 8/19/08 7:16 PM


i know right. i sense our relationship is like totally in jeopardy. i will give him another listen i promise and show him the reverence is due him. but he might be too breezy and like ephemeral so that nothing grounds him to the earth... xavior at least rocks the digeri and the banjo. and i'm totally for those things. i like the quirk. ...will report more from the front lines as i listen.

5 comments:

penelope said...

Exchanges such as this just warm my heart. :)

penelope said...

I'm still in shock you didn't bond immediately to Jack Johnson...

Andria said...

I haven't admitted this to you, Pen, for fear our relationship might teeter as well, but I tend to agree with M on the JJ front. I just think he's over-played (at day care) and over-hyped and I didn't buy into it? I like him, but prefer more earthy (folksy, bluesy, instrumental) sounds? Or maybe I need to give him another go. .I was just thinking that the other day.

penelope said...

gasp! you ladies are skating on thin ice!

:)

i totally understand. i associate his music very much w/ the beginning of mine and j.lo's relationship, hence the attachment. this was well before he was overplayed...

penelope said...

anyway, where is niki? i need some backup on this matter!