Monday, July 3, 2006

FTA

I can't seem to cohesively gather my thoughts- about digestion or my lack of 4th of July fever... and i was over on the Unwilling Adult reading about the journal vs. blog issue, as i've been deliberately trying to drag the poor neglected thing about in the hopes of writing- emoting- in it. i succeeded after a 4month absense to pick it up again. Here are 2 entries (as writer-lee and as emotive as one could want for a 'journal')

(75 degrees) (Facing East) (23:10pm)

"To what do I owe
these many failed
enterprises.
This long riddled absence.
Traded words, fruitless
to the bargain,
collected upon the steps-
rise, revolt.
The pull of my insides
Stave off.
Sleep.
Make it matter.
How it forms upon the,
shore, where it takes me,
what it empties.
Like arrows their targets
find without guides but
good aim....
Dust and grey matter in
the crease of my hands
[lotion won't rectify
this mortal failing]
Tireless. Ticks off the list.
Aches from all their carrying/caring
Pauses.
Recompense.
All the damage,
Exacts payment.
Listless, upon account would
rather sleep than find themselves wanting-
To what?

1 comment:

Somebody's Mom said...

too profound for words