Wednesday, July 5, 2006

The Day After

Hallo channels of my brain. I am drinking iced-tea. Eating sunflower seeds. Moisturizing cuticles. Squeezing an exercise ball. Absent-minded: waiting for lunch. Staring at my calendar. Feeling: Lone-ness. A deep ache. Feeling: sunflowers stuck in my teeth, feeling thirsty. Pick my teeth. Drink my drink. Off time. Off memory. The ache remains. Breathe out. Go back to work. Think about the cold air. Think about tomorrow and tonight. Put my sweater on. And go back to work. Curled up toes, under my feet. And slip into oblivion.

6 comments:

~sarah said...

you put your sweater on , eh? ; )

mendacious said...

HA. THAT'S AWESOME. I HADN'T THOUGHT OF THAT. SO IN THIS CASE IT'S JUST ME DREAMING. NO SWEATERS AT WORK TO KEEP ME WARM JUST YET UNFORTUNATELY. JUST A LONG SLEEVED THING I BROUGHT FROM HOME.

Somebody's Mom said...

Ah to need a sweater.... I dream of the day.

SW said...

what about my questions? i'm dying to hear.

mendacious said...

oh hey, i had to scroll back a while to see them- i almost missed them... i will check out all of your questions and report back. i am readying myself to bike to work-right-now.

mendacious said...

SH-okay, the bldg has been recently painted from what i can see so there is no evidence of the numbers. suspiciously there is a large industrial rug taped down in front of the fridge so i can't inspect the stain situation... we are however in the back of a larger bldg. 3rd door down in a gated parking lot- and while the soda machine works for the most part it does leak... we are in burbank and on main so...