Wednesday, March 15, 2006

thoughts, invite

1. I was watching part of American Idol last night, for lack of anything better on (sorry, Seacrest fans), and all the contestants were singing Stevie Wonder songs. And then they showed a spot on Stevie Wonder himself, and I was like, you know, it never occurred to me in my whole life that his real name was not Stevie Wonder.

2. New t-shirt: "The Baby Ate My Brain."

3. I love the aquarium. I've been there twice now, the one in Kure Beach, and how fun is it to wander around, looking at fishies, sharks, eels, and seahorses. Feed your baby to the alligator. Scott's sister and brother-in-law were in town, and we hadn't seen them since our wedding. Ah, family. Good times.

4. And check out the present they made for Kaleigh. As in designed, cut out, assembled, painted:
I am floored.

5. In the back of my mind, it occurs to me that the dogs are feeling neglected, and I feel like I need to do something about that. Yes, they are the most spoiled doggies around--which is why they'd now be feeling we don't love them as much since the new kid came to town. However, I don't want them to feel sad or less loved. Must increase patience levels. Because look how cute:

6. Although, I'm probably just projecting.

7. It's just odd all of a sudden, to talk to the dogs with the same voice and language used for the baby. So most of the time I don't. I always swore the shift wouldn't happened, but then there it did. Probably this will sort itself out in time.

8. Saturday, I had another fever, for the second week in a row. Borderline mastitis, which is oh-so-fun. Really, it's nothing graphic or gross, just a result of, it turns out, wearing tank-tops that are too tight. Around the boobs, not the middle. Who the hell knew? My boobs don't even seem that much bigger, but apparently, you've got to take care of those things when you're nursing. Huh.

9. Have I mentioned, the baby ate my brain? I feel like such a jackass so much of the time.

10. For instance, I screwed up yet again with the banking. We were charged three times successively last week for overdrafts. As the customer service associate with Wachovia explained, If I had had just ten more dollars in the account, none of this would have happened. (But then again, really? Just ten more dollars? Thank you so much for that analysis. Like if I had ten more dollars and could have prevented $75 in fees, I wouldn't have done so. Asshole.) Then, we also bounced a check. And I emailed Wachovia this time, to see if I should resubmit the payment to Bank of America for the car, or what. Because I didn't know how it works; I don't think I've actually bounced a check before, because who writes checks. Anyway, the message I got said the check had been returned to the merchant, i.e. B.O.A., and I took that to mean I should call them and make the payment again. Apparently, that's not what you do. Because they'll submit your bounced check again, and this time it will clear.

11. And I do not have money to pay my car payment twice in a month! OH MY GOD.

12. I lifted my Penelo-Boycott of Target after a mere week. Because I am weak. And because my brother and fam sent me a birthday gift certificate, and really, what else in life is happier. I bought clothes. Eeeeee, I bought clothes!

13. I hope 28 is a good year. The even-numbered birthdays, I don't know... I think it will be. Why the hell shouldn't it be. Must get over these silly rules like, odd-numbered years are better than evens. Anyway, despite owing the government $3000 that will have to be charged to AMEX this year, last year I worked for Verizon Wireless temporarily. And it was the worst temporarily, like, ever. One has to figure that a year without working for Verizon Wireless promises good things.

14. It's my birthday! Thursday, March 16. (Yay, Pisces-fish!)

15. And to celebrate the birthday, as well as St. Patrick's Day, I'm going to have a few drinks on Friday night, March 17. Hopefully outside on the deck. Maybe by the light/warmth of the chiminea. And I'd love to have some company. Want to come over? You're all invited. Like, 8-ish? You know where we live. And yes, this means you.

5 comments:

mendacious said...

wait, what is his real name? and second, i'm going to have rethink my whole penelo-baby gift. man. although it's already sort of wrapped and waiting for the right box... but geesh.

Matt said...

1. American Idol rocks. I believe it has even surpassed Survivor as my favorite pseudo-reality show. It's not so much because of Seacrest, and more for Chris Daughtry, Taylor Hicks and the girl whose boobs keep looking like they might fall out, in no particular order.

2. Pets and babies. I hate our cats now. I used to love our cats. But I hate them now and want only to take them by the tails and fling them over the balcony. But that would be mean, and Emery would miss torturing them, which is kind of fun to watch.

3. Banking and babies. Impossible. After Emery was born, we bounced three checks because after Emery ate our brains, we stopped writing purchases used with a debit card in our checkbook register. It's not like we needed the $180 in insufficient funds fees anyway.

4. Happy birthday. Twenty-eight sounds like a good year. Still two solid, full years away from 30, which really hasn't been so bad for me.

Somebody's Mom said...

Wow. Fabulous gift.

Sweet puppies. New clothes. Drinks on a patio with a chiminea to chase the chill.

bleah overdrafts.

godspeed into the next year.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to our world! Car payments on time? HA! I laugh in the face of punctuality! HAHA!
Ouch. Punctuality just slapped me.
OH and WOOT WOOT YIPPEE I guess this means you liked the horse???
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I repeat WOOT WOOT YIPPEEE!!!
Now you just need the Daddums Dottsie team to add a nice shiny coat of pollyurithane. Polyurathayne.
Lacquer.
Shiny stuff.
Ah.
Bye now.

Anonymous said...

Almost forgot---
The Baby Ate My Brain is a faboo t-shirt.