Sunday, March 26, 2006

It's George!

Is anyone out there watching The Surreal Life 6? Can we talk about Alexis Arquette? At first I was like, WTF, who is this guy. Or chick, tranny. I don't know. Then they said she was on The Wedding Singer. It's George!!! I don't know why I find this exciting, but I do. She's going to have transgender surgery soon, apparently. On the show she's rather audacious, and overall, I'm pretty fascinated. Clearly, we have all spent too many years paying attention to David.

And how much do we love Sherman Hemsley? (The other George.) On every season of Surreal Life, there seems to be a Normal One, and typically it's a surprise: Dave Coulier, Carey Hart. Who knew these people would turn out to be the laid-back, fairly levelheaded ones. The emotional "rocks." And this season, Sherman seems to be it. I love that he had to have the single room, and that this was all kind of unspoken. Like, he would have roomed with someone if he absolutely had to, but everyone could tell that he really, really didn't want to, and they just let him have it in the end. Unlike, for instance, the royal fusses that individuals such as Verne Troyer and Charo put up in seasons past to get a room all their own.

Tawny Kitaen, on the other hand, ick. I have to say that in general I know less about this cast than I have casts prior. At least, at the outset, when they announced the cast members, I didn't immediately recognize most of the names (and cheer with shameful glee). But, Whitesnake Video Chick, that's cool. However, she is seemingly the Attention Whore of this cast, and her jealousy of the Playboy chick bleeds from her eyeballs, it's so obvious. I would never have jumped in that pool naked, she says. Whatever, Tawny. Don't act so scandalized. It was for two seconds, and on a dare. You spousal abuser, you.
I love reality TV.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I've been wondering how/why Alexis is famous other than being really outrageous, and I just assumed that he/she was from some reality TV show I didn't see.

And Florence Henderson with her self-righteousness...I smell and Janice/Omarosa feud brewing between her and Tawny. Oh, and Tawny, for the record, you on the back of a car is not sexy anymore. Just scary.

Matt said...

I would actually watch the show if they threw former Major League Pitcher (Cleveland Indian no less) and Tawny abusee Chuck Finley into the mix. Now that would have been good. She could have smacked him with her high heels all season long.

penelope said...

I know, what is UP with Florence Henderson? And the fact that she doesn't live in the house. Maybe she has some crazy nighttime secret, like wearing a wig or having night terrors, that she doesn't want anyone to discover. Maybe she rides around on a scooter naked and pees in the exercise room.

I think she got too much of a power-trip counseling Christopher Knight on his relationship with Adrianne Curry.

Someone needs to smack Tawny with their high heels. I vote for Alexis.