Tuesday, March 28, 2006

a little 'bout Mendacious

4 Pesky Jobs, but blips in my life
1. Camp Counselor, Alaska (freeing but so full of drama- damn those backwoods)
2. Human Resourses Assistant at JBL (sucked ass)
3. Bookseller, Barnes & Noble and Borders (made me turn into evil Mendacious)
4. 'Goverment Cheese' Loaf
5. I could go on but really they all suck ass, except for that one time when I was a stage manager and none of the actors were being actors and that one time i was a directors assistant... okay my jobs haven't been all bad. there's hope, there's hope for the next one. which i find out about this week.
6. Oh and I have to add- 'Page' at Paramount Studios- aka corporate shill, tourguide, doer of things asked.

4 Movies I would watch over and over
1. Clue (I really can and do watch this movie over and over. I don't know why)
2. Office Space (perfect summation of my life in temp jobs, Clockwatchers-if i owned a copy is a close runner up)
3. Drop Dead Gorgeous (there's something about mockumentaries and this one in particular i can't get enough of. Perhaps it's the musical numbers)
4. Hamlet (Although i haven't engaged this addiction in a while, i have to acknowledge it here- I love the bard and his oft tragic personas.)If not this runners up would be: Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore and Best in Show oh and Airplane!

4 Places I Have Lived
1. North Hollywood, CA
2. Chicago (Downtown)
3. Chicago (Wrigleyfield)
4. North Hollywood, CA (I would count the couple months in Alaska but I don't want to be obnoxious.)

4 Tv Shows I love to watch
1. Gilmore Girl Reruns (the newer season is a pale runner up)
2. Scrubs
3. My Name Is Earl
4. The Office
5. LOST
6. Anything LAW&ORDER (including reruns in this order: CI, L&O, SVU
7. Veronica Mars
8. Hello, SOUTHPARK!
If I remember/am in the mood/should turn off the Tv and read:
9. Mad Tv reruns
10. The Daily Show
11. The Simpsons (they suck ass now compared to their glory days)
12. ANTM (in reruns)
13. Cheerleader Nation (shh don't tell anyone)
14. If I had the bio channel i'd be watching Jessica Fletcher
15. City Gardener
16. Antique Roadshow
17. Mythbusters
18. When the season is up: Reno 911, Arrested Development (sniff)
19. Monk
20.Occassionally: Anything National Geographic
21. Stupid homeimprovement shows (under diress)
I was tempted to compete with Penelope here but I don't have Tivo so, nor her new and improved baby-excuse. I'm surprised I'm writing and the Tv isn't on. That's the miracle. In my defense I often am emailing while my shows are on or doing art and craft projects in front of the tv. I must be able to indulge and be productive at the same time. or i am nothing! nothing! i tell you! but dust! and worthlessness!

4 Websites visited Daily
1. CNN (it's a morning wake-up thing, don't blame me)
2. Hotmail (mmm i love the mail)
3. My very own The Verse: MTI
4. And usually all my linked blogs and some non-linked ones too (shh)
5. the weather channel website (it's an addiction)

4 Vacation Places
True vacations spots are a bit hard to name, bcs the cool places i've gone have always been attached to something. So i'm going to limit it to "pure vacation"
1. Once a long time ago in a galaxy far away I spent a month going through Europe on a tour
2. Istanbul and Ephesus
3. Chicago
4. New York
5. Wilmington, NC
6. Seattle

4 Foods
1. I do enjoy a grilled Ribeye Steak
2. Grilled Chicken on Sourdough with Grilled Onions, Swiss Cheese and Avacado
3. A really good salad which must involve meat, cheeses, nuts and a variety of lettuces and tasty dressings.
4. Right Now I'm feeling very Pro-Pudding

4 Places I'd Rather Be
1. On a tour in Nicaragua
2. Hiking thru Kaui
3. Touring the Pyramids at Geeza
4. Treeking through a jungle in India (on a tour of course)
5. Visiting Chicago, NewYork and well of course to see the new Penelo-baby
6. At the beach
7. Outside (staring wistfully at it- right now)

14 comments:

penelope said...

Damn, I forgot Cheerleader Nation!! And Arrested Development... I didn't forget it (it's my desktop wallpaper, for pete's sake), but I'm too upset to talk about it right now. I can't put a show on my list that's not actually ON anymore, now can I.

And, I forgot to mention that of course, visiting mendacious in Cali right now would be way fun.

Anonymous said...

But didn't you feel that the only person who didn't quite get DDG was Kirstie Alley? Everyone else was spot on.

penelope said...

What is Kirstie Alley really good for, other than uber annoying Pier1 commercials.

Anonymous said...

hey, that isn't all kirstie alley's good for!

she does those uber annoying weight watchers commercials too.

mendacious said...

hmm. but what do you mean by "get it" ... i'll have to rewatch. bcs to me she was this sort of 'cutting' element of the more macarbe aspects of the film... as a counterbalance to the sort of 'straightforward/innocent' performances of some of the others. discuss.

also i do hate her jenny craig commercials- but i can't help but be on her side... but then again she's a scientologist so... i mean, if she had quit scientology then maybe... alas. and pen, i gave you DDG a few years ago so you'll have to watch it eventually.

Anonymous said...

I have to second the Clue mention here. What is it about Clue? It truly is one of the movies I can watch, get to the credits and instantly want to watch again. But it is hilarious. And does include Tim Curry. And Elaine Brennan. And Madelaine Kahn. All excellent comedians.

On the other hand, I have the same experience with Something's Gotta Give. And that just involves Diane Keaton's first full frontal scene. With Jack Nicholson. Ew.

penelope said...

HEY! I almost missed that comment!!! Offended!!!

I have watched DDG several times, and recommend it to everyone I know. Seriously, I'm standing next to someone in the grocery line, and first words out of my mouth--have you seen DDG? And how many times have I gone around imitating Kirsten Dunst's alphabetical spelling of all the states in a midwestern accent?

I'm afraid you're thinking of Burn Hollywood Burn, which, I admit, did take me a very long time to watch, but... Hmph! ;)

Anyway, I was merely pointing out my general distate for Kirstie Alley. If she was ever good in anything, it was DDG, it's true. But after the Pier 1 commercials--it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Actually, that fairy-godmother dress in particular, ick. I nearly threw a party when Thom from Queer Eye replaced her.

penelope said...

That's going to be the next movie I watch (again), just for you, mendacious.

Cue said...

I hear you re: the pesky jobs/places lived listings. Mine are getting a tad hilarious right now. Perhaps I'll post that one of these days... when I get in the mood to post something real again.

Thanks for the support, btw, Mendacious & Pen. I've been trying to chill it out lately, hence the silence, but I do appreciate it.

mendacious said...

oh pen you're right i was thinking of that. hee. the commercial that drew me over the edge re: KA is the one where she takes this bite out of a cake and says, have you called jenny yet? and i just want to punch her in the face.

-- and the job thing. i think as a kick i will list my entire resume for you guys one of these days. i need to call the temp agency today in fact.

penelope said...

no prob, cue gal ;)

penelope said...

really what is it about kirstie alley and the inspired urge to punch her in the face. hmmm.

i also forgot to add to my tv list real world, and real world/road rules challenge. can you believe i've actually been trying to be more discriminating lately with my tv viewership? and a list of 30+ is what i end up with. sad. sad sad sad.

mendacious, our resumes should be one of our near-future posts.

Cue said...

I actually thought about taking my MFA off the resume once, when I got turned down for a job making 60k+ in NYC because I was "over qualified." Yeah. Good times.

penelope said...

I DID take my MFA off a few resumes, all for meager but much desired jobs in the low $20s. (Obviously), I did not get a one. Sometimes, I think I would have the best luck if I just left all the college off and featured high school as my highest level of education, with floor mopping as my greatest aspiration.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.