Sunday, March 26, 2006

Dear Yahoo! Mail,

If you could go ahead and find advertisers other than Verizon Wireless to flash across the top of the screen whenever I check my email, that would be great. I don't care that they now sell the Razr phone, or that they're still trying to hawk their stupid V-Cast service that no one will ever buy because it's like $15 extra a month slapped onto your bill for the ability to streamline tiny commercials onto your cell phone, and who the hell wants that. Also, they are evil and I hate them.

I know you're in cahoots with them now in y'all's latest venture to take over the world, but seriously. I will never click on their ads unless it's an accident. In fact, I will probably never click on any ad you put up there, but especially not VZW. I think I clicked on Netflix, once, way back when I first started subscribing, and probably you made like, a penny off of that referral. And that's really great. And I know the whole reason the email's free is because of the ads. They do add a little color, a little spark. It's fantastic, really. But if I have to see any ads, I would much rather them be for something like NC State University, just because I went there, and that amuses me.

Thanks.

Love,
Penelope

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just checked my mail and saw an advertisement for an oppportunity to win a date with Fabio. Huh? Let's hope these ads aren't driven by the Big-Brother-is-selling-your-information machine which would mean that someone, somewhere thinks I want to win a date with Fabio. Come to think of it, I can't imagine what kind of information you would have to have to make Oral B hygiene products think you want a date with Fabio. Ilck.

penelope said...

Fabio, ew. Every time I see Fabio, I think of Average Joe: Hawaii, where the girl got dumped in the end after she told the winning guy that she had once dated Fabio. It was an actual deal-breaker for him. He must not have liked "I can't believe it's not butter."

I bet you're right, though. Big Brother's reading all my emails and saw how often I mentioned Verizon Wireless, and that's what's driving all the ads. Come to think of it, after all the bitching I did in my emails last year, they must that I must loooove VZW and want to marry it. Yikes.