Wednesday, March 29, 2006

And They Haven't Called Me Yet.

Good morning. the sun is shining and someone is singing, "i can see clearly now, the rain is gone. i can see all the obstacles in my way..." but then they can't think of the rest of the lyrics and they go get water.

As we speak i'm eating Joe'O's from TraderJoes mixed with some granola and flaxseed- which just remind me of those little bugs that get into cereal and pastas to begin with. Ew. yes, ew. Oh well, it's mostly all low in sugar. I think i have a total of 6 sugar grams... but i didn't count the milk. and i'm certainly not going to walk all-the-way into the kitchen just to tell you.

Today productivity is doubtful- i say this so i'll be happily surprised if I accomplish something.

So last night i was watching a S&TC and the russian is all talking about how Paris is waiting with baited breath. and i was like wait, holy crap that is NOT a positive. And I was really excited bcs I liked how he turned the phrase and I hadn't really thought of it that way before or lately- who knows... bcs, man, now i need to get my hand on a transcript. in the context of how the russian was talking it seemed to denote that Paris had baited it's breath- as in luring him like bear baiting? crap. is that the phrase? where as the original meaning of "bated breath" which is, of course, from the Shakespeare... which means a sort of state in which you almost stop breathing through terror, awe, extreme anticipation, or anxiety... um yes, right? bate is to decrease or lessen (so says Merriam)... anyway, nevermind. "with bated breath" it's all just too much. although i will give you many points if you can tell me what "wigs on the green" means...

i will one day get myself the OED... ooo or maybe an online subscription, but you see ive always wanted a badass old school book stand.... that's totally on my list for when i have a job... but behind: paint room plum/eggplant, go to nicaragua, buy belated presents, buy um, non specified clothes and get a manicure in a true measure of pointless excess.

6 comments:

Kurt said...

I can't believe you wouldn't walk all the way into the kitchen.

penelope said...

Are we giving Petrovsky's character too much credit here? Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention to the ep. Well, I'm sure I wasn't, even though last night was the 3rd or 4th time I'd seen it.

Remember that ep of Gilmore where Christopher goes to buy Rory the OED and his credit card gets declined? Oh, Christopher.

Dammit, why haven't they called??? I think you should maybe call them. Be a squeaky wheel.

Anonymous said...

as in "wigs on the green so the tories can beat the shite out of you!"? do i get points for knowing about england's political parties?

mendacious said...

000. sarah, tell me more!

Somebody's Mom said...

This is 'Wigs on the Green" from don Quixote... and was footnoted as a common phrase.
I will also give a gold star to who ever gives us the meaning.

Karima said...

TJ's just opened in NY and there was a .....line to get in. So now everytime I read someone is eating anything from TraderJoe's I feel jealous.