Monday, March 13, 2006

I "heart" humanity

Today was one of those days that make me lose faith in friendships- until i realized-that during a particular uh, stressful conversation, i got no less than 4 calls, all from people who love me, and 2 of which, have known me for more than 10 years. The day started with a wonderful conversation, which led to the bad one, and the night ended with me not shutting up. I think I've talked for a combined total of 5 hours today- and emailed an additional 2. But I still feel the need to vomit up more, why god? and help me god? and i'm pissed god. and grrr. god. and god is like, quiet down. and i'm like, i'm so trying. and he's like no you're not- and i'm like, i totally am. so i did yoga and southpark is on. and i'm trying not to condemn myself for the fries and burger i compulsively ate after the said, 2 hour encounter. and i am thinking about all the wonderful advice my fabulous friends gave me. and how i could not do without them- and how they are like the glorious sunset i experienced on friday- and how when i recite that soliliquay of Hamlet alone in my room in the dark-when he says, i have of late wherefore i know not, lost all my mirth....and look you this most excellent canopy the air, this brave o'er hanging firmanent, this majestical roof fretted with golden fire, why it appears nothing to me but a foul and pestulant congregation of vapors... and yet to me what is this quintessence of dust- I find it to be entirely false in comparison. No matter how much I love Hamlet and some of the more dour and depressing Psalms- I find most of my friends to be, dare I say, a ray of light in a very dark world. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

holla!

Somebody's Mom said...

Contrast in life is good. And this explains the strange blue light eminating from under the door.