Wednesday, December 8, 2010

m!

In three days I’ll live in another state. What state am I in currently? Relatively cold-free. My left arch is falling. And I don’t have much time to dwell. If all the boxes I need are at the bottom of the giant recycle bin in the grocery store parking lot, then I just have to jump in. Screwed up a post and not so keen on the editorial changes? Oh well. Pressing on. Kids upset about all their toys being packed away? Go play hide and seek.

I just don’t have the time to *care* at the moment, which isn’t me, and I’m completely sure it will all catch up to me, likely in January, wherein I’ll lapse into some sort of post-move coma. Today we had our first scheduled house showing in 75 days. Awesome timing. And after busting my ass for several hours to make the house sparkle, I’m not entirely positive they came. But can I pause to cry over the spilled milk? No. Not really.

And nor do I have time to look back and reconsider the Great Leap and wonder if it’s the right decision. Because we’ve already decided, so whatever.

I do on the other hand have a little bit of annoyance leftover for things like pointless games on Facebook, like the cartoon thing, and the numbers thing. I mean honestly people. Or maybe I’m just not “fun.” I just laughed, writing that.

So anyway. It’s fondue at home tonight with les mamas and pizza tomorrow night with le Mel. And on Friday I have to hand in my router – gasp – and will be disconnected from the world until Monday at least. And supposedly somewhere in there will be a big truck and the loading of things into it and setting foot into the house that I’ve never been before. And it will be cold.

love to you

1 comment:

almost anonymous said...

Gah! The whole weekend without you?!

January coma will be well deserved and should be followed up with some R&R.