Friday, March 5, 2010

Pentalope,

So here we are again. Look at me go! Documenting things and everything. Breathe soft though. My first adventure was to Little Tokyo. Thorne as always is hilarious. Very mod, though I felt overaccessorized with the red sweater. Her mother insisted however. Underneath is a very retro pinstripe longsleeved tee- She felt a bit like taking over the world and insisted on walking and being amused, and dragging plungers around the mall. It was a good deal for $5 though. At one point in our grazing of all things tasty the fro-yo guy was like, dude she's staring into my soul! It's freaking me out! Oh formidable girl. (We laughed at his pain and kept on eating our yogurt).

Previous to this we ate at a nonspecified eatery and I threw caution to the wind in the name of soy. I faired ok. The miso was good I thought, I adventured with the crab salad- not my forte but pretty good and the presalad was great, and the rolls were decent, the teryaki only so/so but hey good times. We tried "new". Followed with infusion tacos because we couldn't not try them. Obviously. I mean we were so full but still.

then after such a day and a talk on sin, by alisterb@gg the day began again with Callie and we were at first going to hike and then opted to explore the canyon instead. Wandered. Found this structure. I would be an angry hobbit too if my house was painted green. And then after looking all round the textures of the place were just crazy- dizzy and overgrown, and zigzaggy crazy. I did break out my guide books and identified 'bermuda buttercups' (notpictured) and a red-tailed hawk... sure I could be making it up but still... the things unidentified is what we really care about... possibly poison oak? cool puffy yellow tree, random wall with holes in it... strange terraces and signs of fire. And the lovely sound of water. It was nice.

2 comments:

pen said...

Highly awesome documentation. I especially love the soul-searing stare.

almost anonymous said...

Hurrah outings. And I have my own tag now :)

Are your legs sore? I'm trying to figure out if mine are from our ramblings, or from something I did later exercising that's not coming to mind.

I got some nice pics, in spite of the dying camera battery, so now I've got to get them processed.