Thursday, March 18, 2010

Penolin,




Man, what a night. I think i may have pushed it a little bit with the little dipper but it was worth it. The irish coffee, decadent, may have had wheat in it, in how they process the whiskey?, or perhaps the sky high cream she put on it, or the dark chocolate and caramel swirling awesomeness, or the cheese with basil and garlic and all the delicious fruit- i couldn't sleep and so did some emailing, ate some yogurt, took another lactaid thing, and talked to my stomach about what i expected of it, and then when i got up later to go to the bathroom, all full up with liquor and fruit, i took a tumble down the treacherous stairs and have a nice gash of pain on my ass. But whatever. Still, worth it. Unrelatedly I think the dogs have a rolicking good time on my bed when we're gone. I suppose I don't mind it- but the nerve i tell you! My cacoonlike lovely bed. It's not its fault i couldn't count the stairs as i stumbled down,down,down. And lets remember the little dipper and the parking space right out front just as we were about to despair, and the bubbly waitress who likes to make strong coffee and partys in vegas. And all our ponderings on how awesome life is and how strange and sometimes foreboding and puzzling. But here we are nonetheless, in this space and time, eating fondue, and falling down stairs.





3 comments:

~sarah said...

yum! i'm jealous.

almost anonymous said...

Mmmm. Way past lunchtime, which I doubt will be so beautiful or tasty.

me said...

Ouch! Silly girl. Simple decadence. Nice. Strong coffee. They didn't slip any flour in the fondue and did you inquire about soy? I'm just saying.... soy lecithin is a common emulisfier. I especially like the photo of the cheesy dipped whatever with the red in the background.