Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pen,

So, off I went to the gem show at the LA arboretum. There was only one table with what I needed, so am sort of really kicking myself for not getting everything I needed when I went to PAS. These gems are for easter and the quality seemed less but still good? but still?. But anyway dad actually came along and so did mom- and everyone walked away with something fun to play with and all their money spent. Though dad refused to walk any further, mom and I had fun with the blossoms and dad insisted the peacocks were entertaining despite him not having left a 100ft radius of the entrance to the vast estate.

i bought him and took him home and am going to watch him grow and grow... here be vanity pics for FB profile pics, beware: i would delete this shot compartively speaking but i like the colorscape.
and then blossoms as big as your face!!! and my handy umbrella...
after all this me, me, me and mom... here's the rest- lunch (dad looking annoyed at either me taking yet another picture of myself or just me and my general shenaniganisms), hardware store (not pictured though i did walk away with a letter stamp set and a clamp for my jewelry making), drive thru starbucks, and checking for leaks at casa grande. then i was stolen away to eat garlic fries and not work on my jewelry. sacrifices, sacrifices.

5 comments:

pen said...

omg, the blossoms really are as big as your face!

i'm so proud of you and your documentation.

almost anonymous said...

Lovely garden.

Wow. The house has made so much progress! Then again, I think it was about a year ago when I stopped by to see the framing.

Somebody's mom said...

And we were prepared for rain and only got a couple of drops... it was a great day at the Arboretum!
It was fun buying beads and looking at the garden.
And I got magnets and a two pack of mini flashlights and a pack of four little tools. Fun stuff suporrting the local economy.

(At lunch I think Dad was just hungry.)

Unknown said...

The photo of you with your braids showing is super cute! Use that for your FB photo.

~sarah said...

the feathers! so awesome!