Saturday, March 20, 2010

dear m,

Hello, friend! I am currently somewhere along Rt. 17, not quite halfway home. Watching Grey’s and ProRun online didn’t work out, either due to spotty internets, or else my need for a RAM upgrade, which lurks in the background. So I’m moving on to Plan B, which is to set up my portable DVD player w/ accompanying chick flick. Which is probably better anyway, because now I can blog to you.

So thank you for making the journey. I think I managed to sweeten up my sour pickleness, with the exception of my minor meltdown after missing the W-B exit. But you know. It was 10+ hrs in. Less than an hour before visitation. Stressful. However I do appreciate your endless optimism. The packing of several otherwise unthoughtof snacks. The wacky pictures. The terribly awesome audiobook adventure. Your calm presence at ensuing services and ceremonies. It seems you were destined to come along, and not just any friend would be perfect for this job. But you were. Funeral outfits aside.

Things we missed this week: 1. Scranton sign – I’ll make up for it at some point. I still can’t believe we didn’t see a million, much less one? It makes no sense, they are practically the same town. 2. Ghost walk. 3. My church, both service and the labyrinth. (And the guy! arg.)

Yet we sort of filled those checklist requirements as we encountered death and church. And a church that was even out of my realm of experience, Byzantine Catholic. Totally hard core. … I was going to process a little more right there, but then lost the thread. Some major decompression is slated for this upcoming week, clearly.

So… we’ll do the labyrinth nexttime? In fact I’m sure between now and then I’ll go myself and report back.

Love my purple toes, by the way. I don’t think they’ve ever actually looked so good. And aside from the awesomeness that was my first-ever pedicure, it was funny that you noticed the shrine in there, while I looked around for signs of trafficking. Like automatically this is where each of our minds went.

And I do get credit this time for finally showing you the Atlantic Ocean, followed almost instantly of course by the demand for dolphins. *eyeroll*

Release the Grackle!

Our Roadtrip Captain’s Log must be posted. I have about a thousand things to catch up on, writing assignment-wise. I had big plans for tonight in that respect, but um, brain sort of = mush, so … yeah.

When do we start planning LA 2010/2011?

miss you already,

pen

P1050264P1050267

P1050268P1050269 P1050270 P1050271 P1050272 P1050273 P1050274 P1050275 P1050276 P1050279 P1050280 P1050281

3 comments:

mendacious said...

i heart us so much some times. you might actually find my eyes leaking tears.

Anonymous said...

Yay! LA!

Love the photos of the road trip, but don't envy the drive.

almost anonymous said...

Uh. That was me. Hit the wrong button :)