Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dear Pentrified,






So hello you,

I wanted to point out the obvious issue of how differently we eat oatmeal. I mean you heat your water up and then pour it in, you prefer a smaller bowl and let it sit to gain consistency. Totally strange. I mean i prefer a bigger bowl and cook it into a nice hearty consistency. Not soulless as you contend. But I digress.

Next up obviously is how your kids love me. So that's awesome. And I do like giving them a hard time. The ferry was great and the aquarium entertaining. I mean how do fish exist in the world- i do not get it! I mean there they are- the sea horse! my favorite puffer fish?! Wow.

And we did it- action packed day-- roadtrip, ferry, aquarium, snacks, shooting range (which i'll totally tell you all about tomorrow), cornbeef brisket and cabbage, and fondue! Increab. Oh man, such a good time. It was so nice. I think we, sans kids, just sunk back into our chatty selves, maybe me more chatty after the irishcoffee. But I like us, i really do, which of course brings me to the fact we're going to go on an a surprise road trip, (friday) of which screenplays are written. Possibly we're too cautious for it to be a true misadventure, and granted it is on the way to your grandma's funeral but it seems meant to be-- we'll do the 10 hours, and the visitation, and the funeral- catholic mass and all and i'll get a ride into new york with your brother. I resist random but then I gravitate toward it at the same time. So this seems inline. And I'm happy to be there for you. Obviously also, I demand fizzy water, dark chocolate (no soy) and other snacks and lots of fruit and a good book or two on tape but otherwise, besides a good lunch, comfortable clothes and letting me sleep the first few hours, i demand nothing at all. ;)

m.

1 comment:

Somebody's mom said...

The kids are so going to miss you!Will ther be any entries to your travel blog?