Monday, April 23, 2007

purchased

Like Megs, I went to the Library Book Sale and am rather pleased with my purchases. Part of me wants to go back when it's the yard sale on Thursday and buy books by the foot, but the more sensible part of me says to stay home and be happy with my already overstuffed shelves. Along with an armload of now-and-later books for Bug, including a Clifford, Amelia Bedelia, and a lot of Sesame Street, as well as a handful of boy books for J.Lo, I procured the following fine mix of literary and girly pop fiction. I can only hope that the highbrow mendacious will at least partially approve...

Bergdorf Blondes, Plum Sykes
Patron Saint of Liars, Ann Patchett
The Cheer Leader, Jill McCorkle
Girl With Curious Hair, David Foster Wallace
Just Between Us, Cathy Kelly
The Love Machine, Jacqueline Susann
Blessed are the Cheese-Makers, Sarah-Kate Lynch
Love Monkey, Kyle Smith

Total of all purchases (24 books)? $10. Woohoo for the Library Book Sale!

2 comments:

ashley said...

OMG! I love The Cheerleader. That book is why I fell in love with Jill McCorkle. I think it was about me. In college. Awesome book.

mendacious said...

i am jealous and totally envious. who needs a bookstore when there are library sales... clearly i shuold know them. but i don't and am a sadder person for it.