Tuesday, April 10, 2007

an email from my friend danica

This bit of enlightening commentary came by way of a friend who may or may not have a file folder with her name, picture, quotes, quirks and interests outlined along with a diagnosis of the long term, short term prospects of said friendship, and possible problems, high-points encountered there in... i had never thought of myself as such, but i do love a good analysis of me:

"I TOTALLY thought of you and your lists when I read these points on why the book Getting Things Done appeals to geeks: geeks love assessing, classifying, and defining the objects in their world, geeks crave actionable items and roll their eyes at “mission statements” and lofty management patois, geeks like frameworks but tend to ignore rules, geeks are unusually open to change (if it can be demonstrated to work better than what they’re currently using), geeks like fixing things on their own terms, geeks have too many projects and lots and lots of stuff...

HELLO....how do they know you so well!? Crazy no?"

yes. yes, thank you.

3 comments:

penelope said...

it's you to a "t," but who knew you were such a geek?

i'll just always think of you as a slytherin.

~sarah said...

ha! so true! : )

Danica said...

I'm still shaking my head at how perfectly they summed you up (well not entirely as who can really be summed up in just a few sentences.)