Monday, April 16, 2007

tidings

today i didn't actually get a whole lot done. i thought a lot about things to take pictures of including the built in office phone booth. and also i made the assoc producer(AP) help me look for the roof access to our bldg. FOUND IT. and it's pretty fabulous... now we just need a 'things to do while on the roof list'

also i've analyzed the position of hiebert and it's fairly feng-shui appropriate, my back is to a wall. i've put the orange chair into the (NE)corner on the right and my fav brown chair to its left. i just don't know what to do with the white board in front of me. also... and here is the one downfall of where i am is that people have to constantly walk behind me, ala hallway- and i feel their imposition more than my own bcs they have to get to their offices on my right. which is why they wanted to give me a smaller non hiebert model.

also also how do we deal with dickholes working in the company that espouses integrity as their #1 priority. AP asks me what to do and i feel conflicted btw my give them shit, confront them or as she wants, let it slide and chalk it up to momentary insanity... things said to my AP as she's tried to learn her job by people NOT in our office: "When are you going to start doing things on your own, and stop asking us questions. We're not nice people. I am not a nice person!" and an email: "Sorry, Illbay Axtonpay, isn't feeling it right now, so we're not coming down." It was worse than that but i'm going to have to write this shite down next time. The VP of Programming was in our office when we got the news that Illbay wouldn't be spending 10minutes with us, and 10 minutes only- and he asked her to print out the email and took it with him out of the office. Nice! Apparently he thought it rude and inconsiderate too! I mean she couldn't call?!

So anyway I love my JOB. Sure i doubt my judgement. But it's because i love the AP and i feel i've been working with her for months- which is an awesome feeling and that bread and butter (my exec producers) are the sarcastic disgruntled boys i loved in college... and so far not a red flag to be seen except for all the hostile elements without... but my little nest is nothing but fun so far. hurrah!

1 comment:

Kurt said...

I love Illbay Axtonpay.