Friday, June 30, 2006

Where I

greetings from the workplace. with my mad covert op skills i took the following pictures. note the beauty of the intact orange peel. i left it on my moniter, but no one noticed it. i quietly threw it away a few hours later, all but biting my tongue at my success and the tasty orange. behind the magic is the pilotware program. this is what i spend my time in a lot, with the trusty moniter to the left. i've remembered that if under heavy monitering from the fuzz, compose emails in here. they'll think you're doing actual work. i don't do that, bcs i'm a conscientious worker, but i thought you'd want to know.
behind me sits the story assistant. i am covetous of her job. she's an actor and just wants it so she can go on auditions. she does not want to grow up to be a story producer. she is not working her way to the top. i however want to work in story. and i want to one day be mad with power. she, and people like her, everywhere, are interfering with this. still she's nice, and says that i deserve an ottoman, i think she meant chaise lounge for all the squirming, folding, and kicking up the feet i do in my chair.
this is the hallway where the sensor was so they could track me, no one is in that office, but if there were someone, i'd totally be friends with them.
here's the right side of the room. ah the quiet people. i think hopefully they'll have more to say soon...
i glance up here in wonder if the ac is or is not working well on any given day. i also like to look up here and look at the arch of the warehouse when i've kicked up my feet and am shelling sunflower seeds. i'd share my seeds but no one seems interested.
here's me. i'm trying to think of other things i can bring in, to liven up my work space.
and of course here's the breakroom in all it's glory. very very rarely i find people sitting in here. it is perhaps bcs of the orange chairs, although they don't know anybetter.

please feel free to ask me what else you'd like a picture of, or anything else i've missed that's worthy of investigation. i'm perhaps thinking of asking my co-workers words of the day... or maybe even better questions of the day.... i'll think about it. right now i'm tired and am wondering about breakfast.

9 comments:

Kurt said...

Comprehensive!

Anonymous said...

And oddly informative.

Anonymous said...

I like these pictures, helps me pick out what I want (Since you've already given us the security bypass code).

p.s. do you have any blue prints or building schematics you can pass along?

mendacious said...

yes but you don't have the keycard. sucker. you ain't gettin' yo' hands on our soda machine. beeatch.

daisy said...

I am not even allowed to bring guests into the building where I work. Seriously. It is THAT top secret. I will say though that it is the first place I've worked where people actually DO hang out in the break room.

penelope said...

i like it. i'm not sure whether i'm impressed or grossed out by the orange peel.

what is it about break rooms. a FEW people used to hang out in the break room at my last job, but not really. i always felt awkward in there. and at verizon, people did, but there WERE TVs. not that it made the experience any less miserable. it just made me want to be home on the couch watching the same show, rather than alternately checking the TV and the clock, stomach churning at the idea of returning to "the phones."

jobs are so overrated.

Anonymous said...

dear mendacious, when you're not at work, where do you keep your keycard?

Somebody's Mom said...

please show us what you can do with those sunflower seed hulls.

SW said...

holy fuckin moly.

m....let me just ask you a few questions:

1. When you come in the door with the keycard, are there 4 numbers scratched on the wall? 2 of one number, 2 of the other?

2. Does your work place occupy the back building of a larger building??

3. Is there a large ugly carpet stain right in front of the fridge?

4. That coke machine...do you guys often have issues with it? Not enough syrup, too much syrup, not enough carbonation, questions among fellow co-workers such as, does it actually taste like sprite/coke/diet coke, etc?

If you've answered yes to any of these questions...boy...have I got something to tell you!!