Tuesday, June 13, 2006

roads traveled: many

baby finally sleeping: one
sweet and sour chicken wings eaten: twelve?
blog entries not written: approximately four...and a half
truths stretched: hmmm...
dvr'd shows to catch up on: when it comes down to it, not enough
tropical storms approaching: one
yellow squash picked from garden: THREE
bills to catch up on: uncertain
loads of laundry to do: two and a half
rooms to vacuum: none! (thank you, J.Lo)
pretty flowers received: a bunch (thank you, thank you!)
currently reading: The Devil Wears Prada

I'm watching the Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency (which, by the way, airs Tuesday nights on Oxygen), and can I just say...Janice Dickinson. There's nothing really "likable" about her, is there? I mean, she's good TV, though not quite in the lovable way that Simon Cowell is good TV. I think The Surreal Life ruined her for me more than a little bit. Now every time I see her, I don't think, "caustic but wacky ANTM judge, pre-Twiggy days"; instead, I see her holding a knife over Omarosa's head, or getting all squirmy and accusatory with Balki, or (by far the worst), meeting in the bathoom with her "makeup team"--which apparently she very much needs. Every. Single. Day.

Anyway, mendacious, I thought of you because on last week's episode, which I'm now in the middle of, JD fires these triplets she had hired to be assistants--well, what she does instead of firing them is assign them a total downgrade project in the form of adding "myspace" contacts. Oho! The triplets would NOT have that, as they shouldn't--clearly they were no longer wanted for any task of substance. They get up to leave, and JD's response?

"Two words!" (She points to the door.) "Out!"
Then, realizing this is in fact only one word, she quickly says again, "Out!"
And then she sputters something about the big mistake the triplets just made, and blah blah blah.

Whatever, Janice Dickinson. I can't even wrap my head around you...which I suppose is what keeps me tuned in.

3 comments:

Cue said...

I believe the phrase "makeup team" says it all. TEAM?? Janice, lady, give me a break.

Can you imagine what lies beneath the daily-applied makeup from the team? (Shudder.)

mendacious said...

fucking my space. seriously. i can't believe that. if it didn't make me want to vomit a little i might think it's funny. well okay it's a bit funny. what assholes. see i still go back and forth.

Kim said...

I am so confused as to why there are so many jobs solely dedicated to adding people to myspace. Myspace freaks me the fuck out. I HAVE a myspace account, and it still scares me, because every once in awhile, a weirdo wants to become my friend "or more."