Friday, June 9, 2006

Hola

We've been very bad. We sincerely apologize. My last attempted post was on Wednesday where I was starting to spiral into depression. Then I realized, besides feeling the universe's embrace that I must learn to be contented in all circumstances. I forget such things all the time in the face of one thing or another not being in alignment- but life is all about things going out of alignment all the time. I'll have a job, then i'll be unhappy about not being married. I don't pay rent but I can't stop complaining about my debt. That is the nature and beast: desire. Where is that delicate balance btw wanting things and going after them and engaging in the hapless quest to attain, strive- abase yourself with your own inadequcies, failed timelines, quelched possibilities, until dissatisfaction is all you see. Rumblings, disquiet- your mind won't quite shut up. Shh. I say. Shh. Shut the fuck up mind. And just live. Set yourself a path and go. But don't drag yourself down by degrees while you try to get there.

And after my plucky and absurd rebound- go team!- i got a call and am once again employed. (Shh.Quietmind!) I start the 20th. It's an editorial assistant position- aka 'logger'. Basically what I was doing a year ago when I worked on the 'Inferno'. And the gig lasts till the end of September. I hope to wash the vialness of that other job behind me. (ah dyslexia- vileness)... And live and breathe again.

So since I last left you:
Saturday/Sunday: Worked a Stila Make-up sale: while i'm not much of a girly girl i do love to put on a face. And may I say, getting things 75%+ off is like better than Christmas- plus all of the customers were HAPPY. Why? Bcs it's better than Christmas. These girls got a $30 thing of foundation for uh, $3. (!!!) Dude, I know. But it's true. I myself couldnot resist- while I made maybe $100 working the sale I spent $22 on a whole bag of stuff. It's hard not to be decadant when faced with such bargain prices.

Monday: Began clearing out my room to paint it.
Tuesday: Went to the beach but did not go to the beach. I call this a bait and switch. Don't do this to your beach loving friends when you live near the beach. It makes them very melancholy. Spent most of the day in a funk. Related and unrelated.
Wednesday: Made great painting strides.
Thursday: Almost completed painting striding.
Today: Must finish list of to do's: wash floor, felt chair, army chest, paint cork board, hang curtains, paint design on wall, hang pictures... perhaps after lunch... this morning my cat Marley caught one of the juvenille mockingbirds- he came bolting into the backyard with the bird frozen in its mouth. i went to save the bird and i think after it bolted into the garden it recovered, and hopefully won't die from infection. My cat was pissed so I gave him a can of tuna. He is now sleeping on my bed and understands that when I see him fulfilling his natural instincts I must do what I can to thwart them since I supply him with food. What's the phrase- 'Nature will out'...?

Things to ponder: haven't heard from the IRS. father's day gifts, stacks of papers, lost curtains, sewing projects, june gloom.

Things I owe you: picture of soon to be completed walkway and my now 'black orchid' room. tres manufique.
AuRevoir, MonAmis.

4 comments:

~sarah said...

hey! congrats on the job! wanted to tell you yesterday but foolishly waited until home group thinking i could do it in person. ;) missed you! (and can't wait to see that room!!!)

Cue said...

Ditto the congrats!

Also, right on re: the noisy mind. Problem with living with your parents (if you're me) is, I quiet the mind, and my mother starts talking. ARGH.

SW said...

Triple ditto on the congrats. Seems as though things are looking on the up and up!

BTW: how does one find out about these STILA sales?? Let me know if there's another one!

mendacious said...

they have them semi-annually i believe. there's a mailing list or something- which i again failed to get on. but i'll try and remember around september or october. to keep a look out. and of course i'll blog all about it.