Thursday, June 29, 2006

psy

currently i'm psyching up to blog about things that matter but i can't quite bring myself to focus. it could be my dying braincells or the heat or the fact that since the retreat i keep waking up at 645. bing. awake. bing. here i am. bing bing. i yell at myself to go back to bed, appauled by it's perky 'can do attitude' but it doesn't listen. i chose instead to shave my legs, pluck stray chin hairs- people i came back from camp with a carpet of black hair on my chin- ew gross is right. no, i can't let it go. and yes one day i will pay for lazer hair removal. i always pride myself on being not vain and yet, there it is, me, conforming to societal standards on appropriate hair growth even though my body clearly has something else in mind. but i digress. i pack my bag, think about what to bring for a day. listen to the radio. fruitlessly turn on my computer, nevermind that i will spend 9 hours with it at work but. i. have. to.

i decide. no. i will not bike. it's going to be 94+ today. i am weak. i pick out my outfit and decide i need more skirts. i remember, i get paid today. note: pay irs back, buy skirts. i'm ready to go. but i vow not to get there before 830 lest the afore mentioned alarm situation reoccur. stop blogging out of boredom. since there is so much more that i could say by not saying it.

have a good day, and drink plenty of water.

3 comments:

Kurt said...

Don't be late again.

mendacious said...

thanks, and i hope you drank plenty of water.

~sarah said...

plucking...hm. who's the girl now?!