Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pentilion

Hello, and good afternoon.


I'm here at the workspace again. Tis strange. I need to bring back some of the little decorations besides my post-it notes but shifting gears wasn't that hard. It's still a fairly pickled up move to lay us off for a week and rehire us. But this gig which will be all about elfsay ademay illionaremays should last me right into my trip to seattle. Which is officially happening and i will now not have to worry about - you know. And agh! ($). Sometimes you do have to leap first and ask questions later. And rely on the generosity of friends who don't mind if you trade plane tickets for art pieces. (My godsend patrons).


There's another producer in the mix besides my EP and AP who are Virgos. (It does explain alot actually. Discussed over lunch). And she's very energetic/and medicated. A Sagittarius apparently and dates women who are too young for her. Within in an hour of meeting them an email was sent out and we were all going to lunch together. My first inclination was, am i really included? and then is there a way out of this? Having been skirting anonimity for a while already. But no. I found myself swept along with these women and on the way to an apparently epic pho noodle place. There were near hysterics when the place was closed but i noticed a sign and it was only tuesday that brought the departure of 'start a show get some pho'. (f-uh) or as i like to say -(f-oe). SO then back up to wilshire from olympic and we were eating sushi, talking about udon and drinking green iced tea btw mouthfuls of phili roll and a pile of ginger. And then I'm like yes, I'm a taurus/taurus rising/scorpio moon (jesus follower-which i actually did not say. shit. is what i muttered to myself as i have now seamlessly aligned myself with universalist-co-existers. whom are lovely people but still it seemed a betrayal.) as it wasn't directly pertinent to whether or not Geminis are dual personalitied and prone to occasional deception even if unintentional- but the Sag was not convinced at my appreciation or defense of them. It did become clear that the EP takes loyalty very seriously and won't facebook friend just anyone. Especially people who don't know their job or their work. So now i'm back, vaguely hungry and of course wondering on what have i said about myself and what might they be thinking about me. And why am i so cagey all of a sudden? I should've ordered miso too. They skimped on the salmon as it does not even compare to this place i went with D the other day.


Yesterday Sarah and i had thee most lovely vacation day. I have renewed my love for the 126 and for the simplicity of ventura. The beaches are substandard but sometimes you only need about 5ft with rocky sand and it'll do. The seals still roll by. An epic battalion of 41 pelicans. And a handful of dolphins. to be a truly lovely tableau as the fog finally burns off and the sea becomes a glittering beacon of all that is holy and good in the world. With good company, a book, and plenty of snacks. It was worth the extra 60miles roundtrip to avoid traffic and the canyons and it took me directly west of my house. You could see the world threatening to make the trip bad with spilled pickles everywhere and getting radar gunned by a cop but it all passed smoothly anyway. Even the consumption of too much dairy, a sunburn and a small case of hives and it was undiminished in its pleasantness.


And now here I am. My days booked again. My nights calendared. Going to fit in a massage and swimming, crafttime and friends and pass the summer.


ttyt.
m.

4 comments:

Somebody's Mom said...

Sam is totally brainstorming on how to get you work. He gave your resume to Joe's girl and asked her how your resume could be cut to one page and was thinking about iepay Town and other industry employers and even wondered why you don't get on a reality show with your art.

Daniel Bruckner said...

Geminis are prone to occasional deception???!!! I guess it's my responsibility as a Gemini to refute your slanderous generalization!

After all, there's nothing occasional about my fraudulence.

ashley said...

"An epic battalion of 41 pelicans." I wasn't there, but I see it just the same.

ashley said...

Also, this post prompted me to go on a lengthy search for Zodiac-inspired jewelry. Have decided I need a crab necklace to own my Cancerness.