Sunday, August 22, 2010

yo,

I suppose I need to take a few moments to talk more about CheeRunning. It sort of took the wind out of my sails after all. Not because I’m not excited about running as more of a meditation – which is what I originally wanted – and not that I care about muscling up. Because I don’t really care about that. But it sort of dismisses strength training altogether and without I still feel like something’s missing. So I need to regroup.

Otherwise, it does seem like it will still be cool to practice? I’m uberskeptical of anyone trying to own a form of running and promote as though one invented it – what is that all about? But aside from the hype, it does seem to make more logical sense and again I wonder how our world has taken yet another thing and beaten all sense out of it in a quest to make it faster, more powerful, etc., when simplicity of solution already exists. 

Well anyway. I haven’t exercised other than yoga in like, two weeks. Wee!

This weekend’s been church-filled (nursery cleanup Saturday, the usual today), with a b-day party Saturday evening (rockets were launched), and now J.Lo’s away on his wild blue yonder mission, to return tomorrow. So I made a pasta thing with tomatoes and carrots and onions and lentils tonight, because I knew he’d never eat such a thing, whereas I could eat that dish possibly every night of the week.

It’s thundering just in time for bed. Damn you, thunder. But maybe I”ll be able to watch sometime mindless and girly while playing with clay after all.

xo-

1 comment:

almost anonymous said...

Oooo. Hope the business trip has good results :)

I need more info on this pasta dish. It sounds tasty.

Also, I'm a little jealous of the thunder.