Thursday, August 12, 2010

dude,

That is so weird about your exacto knife injury, as I too cut my pointer finger yesterday. I was slicing watermelon. I can’t be trusted with such instruments. But we’re totally blood sisters now, as if we weren’t before.

Am the exact opposite of contentment at the moment. Mainly gross and unsettled. The word “spaz” comes to mind. Can’t simmer down to save life, so am channeling nervous energy into spontaneous, semi-manic projects such as lawn-mowing, yard sprucing and wallpaper removal. Tile scrubbing. Which is good because at least those are productive activities and sort of get me somewhere. But I could, I don’t know, do my job. That would be helpful. If I could focus.

Pending Projects: Rip out garden. Fill flowerbeds with pretty fresh flowers. Finish master bedroom wallpaper removal and begin painting. Touch up hallway and kitchen trim. Scrape off rust from porch railing and repaint black (which will be awesome). And then there are a lot of maybes. We will see.

Side note: The Crazy this month, which has (mostly) passed, featured a very specific loathing toward pickup trucks with ginormous fenders. Hate! The nerve of them. Somewhat amusing, however.

I’ve been washing my face with straight honey, which is both interesting and so far effective.

Was highly dissatisfied with the conclusion of Worst Comic Standing. Because that’s how it ended up. But, beyond satisfied with conclusions of both Friday Night Lights (brills, brills, brills, cannot emphasize enough) and Work of Art.

So I’m supposed to do a little work tonight and then watch ProRun. It’s my greatest wish. But there’s this tiny obstacle called football in the way at the moment. Blech. But I suppose it’s just as well.

xxxxoooo

pen

5 comments:

Andria said...

Still have 1/2 of WoA finale left. I sucked Greg into watching it with me, so now I have to coordinate schedules and what not. Same with ProRun.
Also, still have SYTYCD final performances and results to watch.
Did watch finale of Pretty Little Liars on Hulu last night, since I neglected to DVR it on Tuesday.
I've picked up Rizzoli & Isles despite not liking the name.
Also, have been recording HawthoRNe -- it has Michael Vartan (and Jada Pinkett Smith) -- to replace some of my lost medical/nurse-focused shows. It's not as good, unfortunately, but...
I'm just ready for Castle and Fringe and Grey's and other great regulars to return.
And I still wish I watched FNL. Must figure out a way to catch up. Also, wish I watched The Closer.

~sarah said...

Washing your face with straight honey? Like, just squeeze it out of the bear and go? I'm intrigued. Tell me more!

pen said...

I stayed up until 1 last night watching ProRun. Possibly ill-advised, but it was good stuff.

Straight from the bear! That's it! The end! I guess you can add brown sugar occasionally for more exfoliant, but otherwise... who knew!

mendacious said...

yes but why was vapid blonde girl voted off. her sardonic comments alone were worth keeping her. i mean i know casanova was a b asket of crazy but still.

pen said...

Cassanova really should have been voted off! Hot mess. And ooo how about the way they are defining what's-her-face's character. Her head is so big now it's a wonder it fits on screen.