Sunday, August 29, 2010

hiii m,

I’m working on a new theory that the thieves, scamps and other criminals of the world are like the cockroaches of the world. Their existence is unfortunate but inevitable, incomprehensible but there. They thrive in darkened corners, feast indiscriminately on whatever opportunity presents itself, no matter how unsavory… Well, anyway. I could go on. It’s just a theory, and how I think of whomever hacked your email and FB accounts. Which I’m so glad you have back after all, even if you’re now seriously unpopular and sadface, weeping into your watermelon. Temporarily. It’s all temporary.

Addressing a laundry list of items that have irked me forever, such as chipped moldings, outdated switch plates and rusty porch railings, it occurs to me that we’ve been here 5 years, and how can that be. How did it all pass in a blink? It’s just life and The Way It Is, but still. Astonishing. At the same time, how have I had children in my life nearly 5 years? Been done with school for 6? Only have a few years left *heartbreak* with Bailey and Bender? Etc.

Have you ever pondered – I’m just saying…*cough* *smirk* – how Jessica Fletcher, in spite of her unflaggingly curious nature, never experienced even a touch of PTSD, encountering 264 murders? See, this is where the mind of the HSP ventures. And Ash’s “emotional parasol” analogy is beyond brills. Loves.

We’re going on a picnic this evening for church – I’m thinking a big bucket of fried chicken will suffice. And maybe some tater salad. Oh, and a green vegetable of some sort of course. But right now I have to go celebrate my birthday with a  sparkly hat, noisemakers and a cake full of surprises. So says K.Lo. They’re singing to me right now – time to close my eyes and blow out the candles.

xo,

pen

1 comment:

almost anonymous said...

I'm rather amazed our researcher doesn't have PTSD from looking up psycho-serial-killer-murderer-torturers. So far all the scripts for this season have either creeped me out, depressed me, or both.

I hate roaches. I guess maybe not so long as they stay outside, but in the house...no way. Which I guess makes it an accurate analogy for the thieves.