Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pen.

hello,
so yesterday as i may have mentioned i cut the top of my pointer finger with an exacto knife while scraping away some edging for the necklaces. the sacrifices i make. i know. its now bonded together with new skin. which is a gross title for any product even if i love it.

this is the first day i'm not going anywhere and am going to quietly sit in my space and be. allegedly. and am not working out either. the crick in my shoulder, the foot thing. it's all too much right now. i probably shouldn't be having my breakfast quesadillas but they're just so tasty with the chicken, cilantro and pepperjack.

i had other thoughts besides the current state of my being, which is feeling fed, mostly content, and in need of a shower. and on their 3rd load of laundry. but like i said, rapids, high high rapids. who can even mark the passing of the days. i just now had my dad ask me to print out my resume for sam. dads friend. (its like 3 pages long and i dont care) i am always encouraged by these things- if it didn't occur to them already i need as much help as i get. i need rescuing. i need a man! or some sort of brilliant pro bono marketer. who just makes it their job to sell me as a product. otherwise i am sadly used and oft given to drowning. and through such thought filled actions i now have a queen sized sleigh bed ready to be quiltified except i dont have a mattress but whatever. one thing at a time. and my necklace project. what would i be doing for work if i didn't have that. i know not. 2 additions of cheek added to resume: seasoned traveler and expert organizer.

anyway its time for a new beverage and stage 2 of the day which includes netflix and more working with the hands instead of with the typing.

adieu friend,
m.

5 comments:

almost anonymous said...

So you're sending your resume to Sam to find you a man? ;)

pen said...

Every awesome artist needs an agent. Right? We are just not well-equipped to handle our own marketing, as it's not in our nature to be all, "Hey world, I'm awesome." Which is part of our awesomeness.

ashley said...

Also, I'm thinking you need to add, "Sacrificing limbs for the sake of the job" to your resume. That's a seller.

mendacious said...

ooo! ash good idea. i may add that to under "production assistant". they'll love that. meaning i will. and it doesn't matter who else.

Unknown said...

i am improving in my grasping the idea of quilting. for sure. do quilting circles offer cocktails? had some corn last night and it made me miss the schuhaven.
i'm sorry about your finger. you don't seem too impressed by the exacto's attempt, though. thats good.