Monday, August 23, 2010

m,

I have some sort of hardcore bug bite on my leg – possibly an ant bite? It itches like a motha. And is all swollen. The mosquitoes are vicious even in the face of bug spray, but their bites are small and more of a short-lived nuisance. This is no mosquito bite.

By the way, is anyone really surprised that Tiger Woods is getting a divorce, officially? Who caaaaaaaaares.

I’ve banned myself from realty window shopping until further notice. Or the notice, as the case may be. Because it’s so fruitless.

In the meantime, I’m looking at all the chair-rail trim in the kitchen, hallway and master and thinking that a prior genius painted them all in semi-gloss, and this does not please me. Because they’re all faded, yellowy off-white and need a touchup, but guess what. This will require sanding first. And I do not love sanding, in spite of the apparent lessons it contains, according to Mr. Miyagi.

Freaks & Geeks could not be any more entertaining. We’re making our way through the season haphazardly as they air, but the order doesn’t matter. It’s pure brilliance, pure sadness that it was canceled so soon.

More thunder, more rain. Where was all this when my garden and flowers were dying away?

I bought some extra Sculpey, but they (the Lame Craft Store) didn’t have the color set I wanted, so I was stuck with singles, and they are all wrong, wrong, wrong. Completely not the right palette, and so I’m going to have to go to the other craft store, the Better Craft Store, and make an additional purchase. And hopefully the wrong colors will eventually be used in some future project, perhaps by my Art Dept., who by the way “painted” the deck today with brooms and a big bucket of water. K.Lo’s idea. Love. 

Also: your thoughts on Project Runway?

peace out

pen

2 comments:

Andria said...

ooh, Pro Run! I had to go to the website to even remember anything about the episode, but now I'm ready to dish.

Somebodys mom said...

Loved watching Freaks & Geeks, worthy watch. Bummer about the bite. What home remedy have you used on it? The inside of banana peel is said to be soothing. Seems odd to me. I also like to use a little baking soda and ice or meat tenderizer and ice. Ice. ah. this is the day/night for it. 86 degrees at 9:14 p.m.