Tuesday, September 30, 2008

your guide to OCTOBER fare, by pen

Here’s what I’ll be adding to my DVRroll. Whether or not they’ll work out remains to be seen.

1. The Ex List, Oct. 3. Stars “Ava” or Whatever-Her-Face from Grey’s Anatomy.

2. Samantha Who?, Oct. 6, if there’s room.

3. Kath & Kim, Oct. 9. The crazy, AbFab-looking one with Selma Blair and Molly Shannon.

4. SNL: Weekend Update Thursday, Oct. 9. Will air 3 eps, all about the election, I think.

5. My Own Worst Enemy, Oct. 13. The one with Christian Slater. This might be a J.Lo show.

6. Crusoe, Oct. 17. Badass tree house living!

7. Stylista, Oct. 22. The reality show that’s all ANTM meets Devil Wears Prada, or something like that. I’m sure it will be terrible, and that I’ll love it even more because it’s terrible.

8. 30 Rock!, Oct. 30.

 

You might also be interested in:

1. FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, Oct. 1. But only for the DirectTV-subscribing elite. What kind of crap is that, I ask you.

2. Dirty Sexy Money, Oct. 1, which now also stars Lucy Liu.

3. Pushing Daisies, Oct. 1. Do not sweat me about not watching this show yet.

4. Ghost Whisperer, Oct. 3

5. Numb3rs, Oct. 3.

6. The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Oct. 7. I just… can’t do it.

7. The Starter Wife, Oct. 10, now on USA. Ditto, about not being able to do it.

8. Eli Stone, Oct. 14.

9. The Sarah Silverman Program, Oct. 16.

10. LC guest-starring on Greek, Oct. 28.

Oh, and—

11. America’s Stupidest Home Videos, Oct. 5. If you must.

9 comments:

Kurt said...

Samantha Who? and 30 Rock are my faves!

mendacious said...

oh geez. you didn't put my show or callie's show AND you're not watching pushing daisies AND you put that stupid video show. YEESH.

GASP.
THE HORROR!

~sarah said...

there are...too...many... TV overload. i'll never keep up with them all... brain...shrinking. argh.

Anonymous said...

My show isn't on yet. Not until January unless Privileged or something goes under.

I watched the pilot for The Mentalist last week. Simon Baker is nice to look at :) Sort of a House vibe, only he's a former psychic. (Psych as a drama, if you will.)

~sarah said...

okay, a couple more things:

1) the grey text on the orange background is jumping out at me all 3D-like and making me question my sanity.

and

2) i JUST posted a blog yesterday and i'm already at the bottom of the list. i'm seriously thinking about setting up auto-posts to go up every day that say "just trying to stay at the top." : )

penelope said...

yay, i have tv shows in common with kurt!

m, i NEVER condone that video show. gag. you must keep me informed of your show's premiere date, as animal planet shows are rarely discussed in ew. AND, as i've stated before, i'm a big fan of reaper, and would not miss psa-ing the premiere!

aa, totally forgot about the mentalist, damn. and i was going to do a totally separate post on it, on how it's kind of ripping off psych...

sarah, will totally work on that gray, it's horrible! i feel like i need my eyes checked.

finally, hate the machine, hate the machine. ;)

penelope said...

Wait--m, that noxious gray is the one we tried to change before and can't, unless we can find it in the html. Drat.

Andria said...

So glad you are adding Samantha Who?. . hope there's room and it doesn't disapoint!

I am liking Priveleged, but I certainly hope it gets bumped before Smallville (your last prediction, aa)!

There are so many shows. . some I hadn't even heard anything about! What to do, what to do. . don't want to be stuck in front of the tube Every Spare Minute. And I'm a big TV fan. hmmm.

penelope said...

It really does seem too much. However, with our DVRing capabilities, at least we don't have to watch commercials? Also, I'm really counting on at least half these shows not working out. From last month, I've already ditched several. And/or, I watch quite a few while computering, because they're only worth 30% of my attentions. Like 90210.