Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Just Got, by M


(actual briefcase not pictured but i'm trying to go the extra mile for penelope)

Just Got Paid $20 to put 2 words on a tiny brief case wallet thing. Didn't know I was going to get paid. Turned beet red. Was like, you can give me $5. I mean they're just tiny words on a tiny brief case and the letters aren't perfectly sized and don't match completely on the grid and how can you possibly be that pleased and like it that much with that big smile on your face? And he's like, here buy lunch on me. And I felt I'd just won the lottery. And went skipping down the hallway with a half grin, all dizzy and heady from my surprised fortune.

Today is a good day.

7 comments:

penelope said...

Do we get a picture of said briefcase? like how tiny. that's so rad, like money falling from the sky!

penelope said...

people will pay some bucks for fancy handwriting. thanks for posting the pics!

Anonymous said...

Yay. Pay for your artwork. Now you just gotta get that lady to buy those paintings. And maybe finish them for her to buy? :)

Kurt said...

$20! woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

Yippee!

ashley said...

Free money! And for art to boot! Go, M!

~sarah said...

sweet! you should open your own personalization business on the side, what with all the breifcases, t-shirts, shadow boxes, paintings, and what not. people love things made just for them!