Sunday, December 17, 2006

SURVIVOR FINALE PREVIEW SPECTACULAR!

Bye-bye, Parvati... did you ever really have a chance?

So, ladies and gentleman, tonight is the night. Has there ever been a Survivor Finale that started out with five contestants instead of four? I believe it's a first. The commercials have promised three tribal councils tonight, the first of which will off Adam, unless he happens to win immunity. The Immunity Challenge, however, would have to involve something other than balance, endurance, or any skill that a monkey would have, such as the ability to hang off a tree limb from now until the end of eternity. Basically, Ozzy seems to be a shoo-in for all future challenges. The way he won the last Immunity Challenge was amazing, but in that way that put everyone else to shame. He made the tasks look easy, and made the others look like fools, pretty much, with the possible exception of Yul.

If it came down to Yul and Ozzy in the Final Two, which for some reason I don't think will happen, I'm not sure who I would root for. Because even though I'm half skeptical and annoyed of the way Yul is so up-front about stuff, the straight-shooter in him--and the fact that he still hasn't been even close to voted off because of it--makes me kind of admire him even more. Plus, he seems genuinely to me like a nice guy. Not that Ozzy doesn't. They're both fantastic physical and mental players, but not in a boring way. Like Colby--love Colby...but he was kind of boring in the Outback, no? I mean, other than his disdain for Jerri Manthey, that was enjoyable.

For the Final Two, what do we think? When it gets down to the Final Four and Five, of course immunity has such a huge impact. I see Adam as the first to go unless something really odd happens. Then... Sundra? I feel the second Ozzy fails to win immunity, if that happens, he will be voted out. As J.Lo commented, Becky's Bitch Flag is starting fly when it comes to Ozzy and his apparently mutant strain of Survivor Genes. And though Yul is the Puppetmaster and everyone knows it, I see Becky maintaining her loyalty to him over Ozzy. Mainly because she could potentially take Yul in a challenge over Ozzy. The last person I expect to win this game would be Sundra, mainly because more than anyone, she's ridden coattails. Becky, as previously discussed, appears to ride coattails, but obviously is a smart cookie. It would depend, however, on the jury's perception--will they have noticed how many strings she actually pulled along the way? She is an attorney, so maybe her answers in a Final Two showdown will win her the bucks.

Pen's picks for the win:
1) Yul--Has a better chance than Ozzy, politically, for making the Final Two, and once there, the way he's played the game up until that point will speak for itself.
2) Ozzy--As Becky pointed out, it's like he was made for this game.
3) Becky--I'm still *eh* on Becky. She's all right, I guess. Maybe if she pulled off a coup early in the finale, and brought her, Adam, and Sundra to the Final Three? Not likely, but if she thinks about it, wouldn't her chances to win increase? I might pull for her, then.
4) Adam--Very unlikely, but if he got as far as the Final Two, it would be most impressive.
5) Sundra--What has she really done, anyway. Nice lady, sure, but overall in the world of Survivor? She's flown under the radar and not much else.

6 comments:

Daniel Bruckner said...

Wow, I just had a sick feeling rush over me. I had forgotten about Survivor! Oh man, I thought I had missed part of it! WOw, you know that feeling you get when your speeding and you see a police car pull out, when your whole body trembles and you pee a little. That's what just happened to me.

Okay, wow, what a Spectacular you have assembled for us!!! I too was wondering about it being a final five. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Ozzy is a monkey. Don't get me wrong, he's an incredible monkey. Most of the time, when you call someone a monkey, it is meant to be insulting. But in his case, trust me, it is not. I am in awe. Imagine, being a human being with human being strength, human being intelligence, human being super good looks. Now imagine combining that with a monkey!!! You would be, and he is, unstoppable. I agree, Ozzy has to run the table or he's gone. But if he makes it all the way through that, you've gotta pull for him. Come on. Remember, he's half-man, half-monkey.

Yul is too nice. Everyone has been too nice. Back when I used to watch Survivor, it was all backstabbing and double-dealing. What happened to that? I've gotta tell ya, Jonathan, I like the guy. His problem was coming on too strong. Everyone turned on him because he wasn't adhering to their bullshit honor system or whatever the hell these self-appointed moralists have been sticking to. Give me a break.

Sundra is a dead duck, yes.

If Ozzy wins the last immunity, I've gotta believe he's taking out Yul. THere will be no Yul/Ozzy finale. Neither of them is stupid enough to have the other around. But a Yul/Ozzy finale would be so freakin' awesome (first time I've ever used freakin').

Okay, my official picks.....
First one off, Adam.
Then there might be a double vote. THat's the only twist I can think off. Except of course, that the jury is so big this time, maybe half will vote once, then the other half for the finale. I don't know. But in the case of a double vote, an Ozzy/Yul showdown is still possible. Ah forget it, there will be no double vote, split jury nonsense. Straight down the line.
ADAM
SUNDRA
YUL
BECKY
OZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Daniel Bruckner said...

Just thought of something. MAybe 3 will go to the final jury vote. That is why they have saved so many???

penelope said...

did you really think of the final three thing before watching the show? i didn't even consider that. good twist...

i loved that everyone disregarded becky in the final tribal council. the fire-making show was mortifying, beyond pitiful.

by the end of it all though, i have to say that i was pulling for ozzy. despite jonathan's point.
although, yul was also deserving. good for him!

so who do you think dumped who--adam or candace? i think adam got his little heart broken. aww.

onto to fiji, and the battle between the haves and the have-nots! let's hope that's not a two-ep gimmick as well.

Daniel Bruckner said...

Blah, stupid finish.

Yeah, I hope Becky didn't think she had a shot. And she looked a lot better on the island. And also, Ozzy. He pulled a Colby there.

Okay, fine, Yul deserved it. But come on, it's a lot easier to run things when you're immune. Ozzy couldn't afford to make one mistake. Not one.

I don't know who broke up with who, but I've gotta feel Adam is for the better.

Yeah, how about that, I solved the great Survivor twist! I've been running around applauding myself for that, telling everyone that if they don't believe me I have documented proof, a timestamp on the internet. Of course, the unanimous response to that is I am a great big nerd.

Off to FIJI!

penelope said...

Ozzy totally pulled a Colby! I remember when I first saw the Outback finale, I thought there were actors sitting in for Colby and Tina... I was like, where are they? And then, oh. The makeup that finale was particularly pancakey to boot.

I guess if Adam hadn't promised Yul that vote, the result might have been different. It was very close.

You SO called the twist. Bravo!

Matt said...

Finally a final two (and it really was a final two because Becki wasn't even there) that both deserved to be there. It really was exciting to see such diametrically opposed strategies going up in the finals. I was pulling for Ozzie simply because I thought he could use the money a lot more than Yul, but that shouldn't really have an impact on the game. Yul was a brilliant strategem, although offering the immunity to Becki wasn't the smartest thing. If she had taken it, and the jury saw that, they both would have been deep-sixed for going behind Ozzie's back.