Thursday, April 13, 2006

Words. Words

It's true. At least I'm 95% sure it's true. Even when i was only 50% sure I soldiered on the same. I still have to borrow $300+ from my mom to cover the bills (thanks mom) bcs the job isn't coming quite quickly enough. And it's only "possibly" maybe going to start "the 2nd week of May", and that still doesn't change the fact I owe $514 to the IRS- I sent them $2. I hope the check doesn't bounce. My temp agent hasn't called. So I sit and wait. Still tanning, still reading delightful Victorian novels, and toying with the idea that I should take another trip down CentralCasting Lane. None of it seems real enough to warrant...

It happened like this- they called me in again, making sure i really really wanted the job. They threw out a number that I was loathe to tamper with in any way. Given that I maybe should be making more than that? But who was I to say- and after all the official budget approval hadn't come in from the network so it could be less. Fair warning they said. Okay, I said. We had a "you're our first hire" group hug (literally) but no contract was signed bcs those aren't in yet and those won't be in yet until the budget is approved. So I left, having given them the 411 to my life and the thumbs up sign was made by all. "You're a go."

When the 8th rolls around and they call me in for work I will be screaming and jumping up and down and freaking out. I will get down on my knees and say, Thank you God! and Nicaragua here I come! And I will begin to be thrilled with the reality that all my creditcard debt is going to disappear and a couple break your knee cap loans... and then maybe a car. Bcs once the contract is signed it will be a guarnteed 9-10months and 78 episodes come hell or high water. And it will be the best 30th year ever.

Until then I muse, wander the garden and walk the tenuous line of complete disaster and crushed dreams- that I should never desire to be a fallen woman whose hopes for a better life have never come true whether by incompetence or fate- I wait.

Up Next: Blogging About the Workplace? Future work related oddities? Those were some of the best blogs ever... (Jan-March 2005). And, probably not as much downtime but you my lover, my blog, I shall rush home- and tell all my secrets to.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what's the commute time through LA for this new job?

:)

Woo hoo!

mendacious said...

probably less than 8 minutes and no more than 20 if i take the streets- ah, it's but a dream.

penelope said...

Yay!!! I'm offering up my 95% congratulations then, leaving the remaining 5% so as not to jinx the whole affair. Cheers to you and your 30th year.

Trey said...

keeping fingers crossed. makes typing a bitch.....

Somebody's Mom said...

Like the view of the mega Oasis through the waves of heat rising from the desert sands, relentless sun beating down... this job is so looked forward to, by so many, they have no idea, how much.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Mendacious, you're already in TV mode - this is like the perfect clifhanger tv ep. What will happen next week??? GOOD LUCK!

SW said...

ah...so jealous.

what type of show is this that has 78 episodes? The next American Idol???

penelope said...

Did you really send the IRS $2? If only I could be a fly on the wall in the IRS office when they open your envelope. Points for Entertainment Value!

mendacious said...

i did. that's about all i have in my account. okay i have like $14.39. we'll see what happens next. hopefully by the time they process my return i should have actual money to send to them. i did a loose calculation of my debt and it should take the full length of my job to pay it all off with no other miscellaneous expenses... like nicaragua and um, food, gas...but i'm hopeful. more soon. xo.m.