Wednesday, April 12, 2006

good times

1. My current hero, Milo Ventimiglia, aka Jess on "Gilmore Girls." He cleaned up his act, figuratively and literally, writing a book, washing his hair, even paying off his debt to Luke. Not to mention he's kind of looking mighty fine. I wanted Rory to make out with him for hours last night, to forget that dog Logan, but alas. Jess's stock rose thousands of points, regardless.



2. New CD purchased: "Solace," Xavier Rudd. He's friends with Jack Johnson, G.Love, and yeah, it's kind of like that. Kind of Paul Simon-y as well. Oh, it is so good.




3. A show that was "saved by the fans": "Love Monkey." Yes, it's true. That's what the commercials on VH1 say, anyway. Last night, they showed the first 3 eps of the series, and starting next Tuesday, they will air new, never before seen eps. I don't know what this actually means for the life of the series, but hell yeah. VH1 seems a fine home. It's got Tom Cavenaugh, Jason Priestley, cameos by people like Aimee Mann and Ben Folds, and this High Fidelity-type vibe. More than anything, it stokes that small flame of lingering hope...fans can save a show? Please oh please oh please, Santa if you're listening?

14 comments:

Kim said...

I don't care if I have to kidnap every member of the cast and force them to put on shows I write myself in the basement of my house, there WILL be a fourth season of Arrested Development!

penelope said...

And I would watch. Let AD Live!!

Anonymous said...

sign the petition! http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/savelovemonkey

mendacious said...

yes but how bad was rorys acting- like i'm sorry jess. peace out. and he's like whatever, it's just us. but at least he said he didn't deserve that. but rory- rory is LAME. and i sorta feel bad for Loafin. Btw her bad acting and the bad dialogue...

daisy said...

Damnit all to hell. I totally missed last night's episode of Gilmore Girls to go over to someone's house and fall asleep while watching a terrible movie. Damnit. Damnit. Damnit. I LOVE Jess. But not so much on that new show The Bedford Diaries.

I watch too much TV. (Like I actually believe that's possible.)

penelope said...

I have to remind myself to keep the DVR'd Gilmore Girls so I can send people a taped copy if need be. (Because you know it's that important.)

I haven't been as mad at Rory lately, but I did want to kick her in the face when she did that to Jess. Wah wah wah I'm in love with Logan WAH. Whatever, Rory.

Anonymous said...

I've seen a lot of Milo in the last month. Over and over.

He's in our pilot...which looks good so far. Although I'm not sure about how they have his hair styled.

daisy said...

His hair in The Bedford Diaries is savage. It almost makes the show unwatchable. Someone in hair and makeup needs to get on that ASAP. Or maybe we could do a special episode of Blow Out where Jonathan comes and saves Jess from his bad hair day? Jess - incidentally - is dating Rory in REAL LIFE. (I know they have non-tv names, but I like to pretend...)

Somebody's Mom said...

Rory needs soo much therapy. she is so smart and doing all this passive agreessive crap.

mendacious said...

it's too bad he's dating a shallow actor.(umitigated snark!)

penelope said...

mendacious, you snarker. i'm way, way excited thinking that jess and rory are dating in real life.

remember when rory DID get therapy on the show, and she babbled on and on. she doesn't do well when she babbles. in fact, it almost makes me want to do something rash, like change the channel.

hey, anonymous 2, what pilot??

Anonymous said...

Heroes....now that I'm not writing from work and the network can't come fire me after recording keystrokes or whatever they do :)

Granted, apparently I looked and sounded bad enough at work today that they sent me home sick.

Anyhoo, apparently some writer in TV Guide said Heroes will be his Lost for next year. If I don't end up working on it I'd watch it.

SW said...

Wow, this is why I love the blog world...

Finally, people who share my love for Milo. (But just remember, I blogged him first!)

Yes, Milo was looking extremely good in his bookstore. I think its the JACKET. Which looked like the same jacket he wore in BEDFORD DIARIES. New show, so so. I can't wait to see this Hero show though...

Kurt said...

Jess is so two years ago. I'm over his whole postseizure-style speech as well.