Friday, April 28, 2006

Suggestion Box

Yesterday while out shopping at World Market, my friend Erin convinced me that purchasing a bottle of Voss Water would be a fantastic idea. It's $1.99 and comes in a heavy glass bottle. It's artesian water from Norway. Wouldn't it be worth it, just to try it once? I hedged and backed away from the display. "I can't justify it," I said. Erin said, "But I can." And she bought two. Love Erin, my former Verizon Wireless coworker and fellow Pisces fish.

So my question for suggestions is, what to do with the bottle? Because it is ever-so-fabulous and must be saved, displayed, and somehow artistically employed. (And need I say, don't be dirty or rude.)

P.S. The water was tasty--might have been better if cold? But henceforth I'm sticking with the good ole water that comes right out of our refrigerator door. $1.99!

12 comments:

mendacious said...

mmm. water like that is always best served chilled- with a twist of citrus, perhaps mint. the obvious use as a standard flower vase is there or layered sand, maybe part of a bottle tree or wind chime you hope to one day make- then there's gun practice and if you have a cement mixer you can make sea worn pebbles.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the flower vase is the first thought I had. If the glass is heavy enough there's also the option of a candle holder, althought the proportions might be off for that.

Anonymous said...

Is the mouth of the bottle big enough for a votive? You can make a floating candle holder and pay homage to the bottle's origins.

Or put marbles or something else colorful in it. Gumballs! Jawbreakers! Chiclets! (I'm into the edible things...)

Karima said...

keep refilling it and putting it in the fridge and carrying around so people think you only drink fabulous water. that's what i do, although my generic grocery store plastic bottle doesn't have the same cachet

Kurt said...

vase.

Trey said...

vase, or lamp base. Or blunt weapon.

Daniel Bruckner said...

Use it to catch lightning bugs.

penelope said...

All excellent suggestions, everyone. Muchas gracias. I'll be awarding prizes later on.

mendacious said...

so are you saying we can't suggest any more things-

lampbase was a great idea!... so DIY.

penelope said...

no, keep going! they're awesome.

Cue said...

Did you know they do a wine, too? At least, I think it's the same folks. The bottle looks the same. I noticed this in the Whole Foods yesterday -- pretty cool, if $$. But then, that's the Whole Foods in general.

penelope said...

Ah, I wish we had a Whole Foods. We are supposed to get a Fresh Market soon, which is exciting.