Friday, February 17, 2006

Tyrant

"Darn kids these days!"

I live with a tiny, angry old man. No, the neighbor didn't move in; this guy's much shorter. About a foot and a half tall. And what he wants is to eat, constantly.

Yes, I know this too shall pass. I know that while I've only been getting small blocks of sleep, I'm still getting some level of sleep, and my baby's not colicky, so I should be grateful (and I am). But, the post-partum hormones are truly raging, and the cow role is quickly getting very old.

The horrid part is the intense guilt attached to these feelings. No one asks, to cite Luke Dane's thoughts on having children, to be the next sucker dropped into this mess. And this baby didn't do anything wrong. She's truly The Innocent. And I look at her when she's screaming bloody murder just minutes after the last (FULL) feeding, and I'm simultaneously loving her to death and wanting to lob her into anyone else's arms and say, for the love that all that is holy, YOU take care of it. Please.

So, yeah.
Mommy's getting a breast pump, pronto.

3 comments:

SW said...

Perhaps you should try playing Jack Johnson's latest album: Sing-A-Longs & Lullabies For The Film Curious George in the background...it makes me feel peaceful immediately.

penelope said...

Hmmm, I think that would work for me, too...

Anonymous said...

What a cute baby! Wish we were still there! Claira keeps saying she wants a sister, but oddly enough she seems to think it should also be named Claira. Lately, she's started talking about her sons at the mall. I don't know where she gets this stuff?

double d