Friday, February 24, 2006

I love my Bravo TV


Hold me closer, Tiny Andrae.


Normally I sort of despise any type of recap episode of a show, because all they do is promise you "never before soon footage!" blah blah blah. And they do end up slipping in some never-before-seen footage, but it's like 30 really boring seconds that no one cares about, and the rest is the same old crap you just saw over the weekend when you marathoned your way through all the reruns. Or, if all the cast members are reuniting, they usually advertise a montage of horrified faces, supposedly foreshadowing some sort of shocking conversation or revelation that will occur in the course of the episode, and then it ends up being nothing more than a person on the verge of sneezing. All in all, recap eps are nothing new, just a way to fill time until they air the season finale. I have to say, though, Project Runway's Season 2 reunion episode--very entertaining. And so I must honor it with a list.

Why the PRS2 Reunion Show Was COMPLETELY Worth Watching:

1. The reshowing of Andrae's embarassing emotional breakdown on the runway, which frankly is plain uncomfortable to watch once, much less twice. However, this time, the footage included an elapsed time clock that showed the breakdown to have lasted nearly 10 minutes. Genius! Also, can't help laughing along with Satan's Pal Santino on that one.

2. Discussion of Zulema's bitchy alter ego, whose name is... I don't even know how to spell it. Shiitake? Wha-? Had they shown this before and I missed it?

3. That Lupe/Guadalupe chick answering a viewer's write-in question with a batty, babbly, circle-talking-type answer that visibly confused everyone on the set--twice. She messed up once, and then even after Tim Gunn clearly explained that the question required a simple yes or no and hinted toward her probable inebriation, stumbled again. Badly. And then proceeded to look completely unfazed that she just made a complete jackass out of herself on national TV. Sweet.

4. Project Runway: The Musical. These clips were a random salute to the apparent singing that went on during filming, while the designers sewed up their projects at the Parson's School. ...Oh, Daniel Franco. Where did you go.

5. Zulema pissing off that model, Rachael, who is like, what, 19? Yet I appreciated her eyeroll. For Zulema...besides being crazy, cannot, in my opinion, sew real well.

6. Lead-in advertisements for Project Jay, which I almost forgot to watch and which almost deserves its own list salute. This list would undoubtedly include Jay's aside on Wendy Pepper, "I just watched her last night on Bravo Battle of the Network Reality Stars, and she fell."

And, last but certainly not least...

7. The Santino Rice Imitates Tim Gunn montage. It will just never, ever get old.


Overall, excellent job, editors. Applause, applause, applause!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lighten up, it's just fashion!! I would also like to point out the very, very uncomfortable moment when Daniel Franco says, very seriously, "I love you, Heidi." And they show Heidi's face and you can tell she has no idea how to respond.

I just loved seeing Andre again. If only he had run off stage, shoulder blades nearly touching...

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness Blowout is returning shortly after PR2 concludes. Jonathan Antin and his love of "har" will get me through the next few months.

penelope said...

Yes! Loved that Daniel Franco moment. I should have been writing them all down as I was watching... I sort of can't believe Jonathan's back for a 3rd season, but does this mean I'm not glad? Oh no.

Check out Best Week Ever on Vh1--hilarious segment proposing TGN, or the Tim Gunn Network.

Anonymous said...

And thanks to your blog I was able to catch a repeat of Project Jay, which I forgot about.

And since I generally watch my taped PR over the weekend (more time, no commercials), I would have totally missed it...until Bravo reran it a million times in a few months.