Saturday, February 11, 2006

In It

Well it was free archery this morning. we cut it a couple rounds short just purely due to impatience. And of course, the devastating news- after 50 years of Free Archery- this too is coming to an end, bcs some jackass burned their clubhouse down and they want to build a new one and some jackass in the city of pasadena says they need to pay $135,000 in fees. So $5 a visit. Tragic. Not so much you say? But it signals something- this free community wunderkind of togetherness and sport is abruptly halting. And it justs adds to my already disgruntled disposition. At least Troop Beverly Hills is on and will in some measure lull me into a false sense of ease and endless possibility.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

People I talked to today must be tired of hearing me complain about the tragedy of it all.

No, $5 is not excessive, but a lot of the beauty in it was that it was free! Too bad I don't know any millionaires who could donate.

I think what bothers me most is the rediculousness that they can get the clubhouse built for free but have these outrageous fees. Bureaucracy. Grrr.

Kurt said...

Nobody pays to arch!

Anonymous said...

oohh nooo. $5/pop? i won't have the strength back in my aiming arm until late March! poooooo. $100,000 in fees? what a crock! government sucks. greedy bastarts, the lot o' them.

oh, and a funny little video on my myspace may help to cheer you up. : )