Monday, February 13, 2006

Blue Cow


I haven't actually been too tired or too busy or too Post-Pregnant Whatever to blog, I've just been...mulling. It actually feels no different from the other longish blog-free periods I've been through. Kind of blue. Kind of purgatory-ish. Kind of like...what to say, what to say.

The Penelo-Baby is thankfully a sweet one. Frankly, I'm not quite sure how we got so lucky. I think she might be a little hell-raiser someday to make up for all this, or else she just hasn't fully awoken yet to show Truer Colors. So far, though, she just seems so calm. A giant black dog can lick her face and she doesn't bat an eye. Ah, Kaleigh. Sweet baby.

Though I know it won't last forever, and I know it could be (much, much) worse, this 3-hour shift thing is starting to grate on me, the tiniest bit. Like, I so want to just lay down and sleep for like, 6 hours at a stretch. I remember when I first got the Bender-puppy, having a little breakdown in the kitchen 2 weeks in, because I could no longer take the 4-hour sleep shifts. I wonder when that's coming.

For the most part I'm in a fairly good mood. I don't know, though, maybe it's Cabin Fever? I can't drive for 2 weeks on doctor's orders, and it's not that I haven't been out of the house either. We went to Target and wandered the aisles this Saturday. I bought macaroni and cheese.

There's the lingering money issue, but that always seems to sort itself out, so I'm not too terribly worried at present.

I feel a little like a cow sometimes, so there's that. You know, the whole feeding thing. Like that could be my only function. Even though I know there's much more to it than that.

Or maybe it's the month of February. It does tend to bring on the Blah's in a lot of people I know. Or, the fact that Arrested Development may really be cancelled. I'm so in denial about this.

Hmmm, yeah. I don't know. Better blogging soon, promise.

xoxo,
Blue Penelo-Cow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't know if you've already heard of this, but I know a lot of moms who swear by this book called Baby Wise. I believe the gist is after the baby is two weeks, you "teach" your baby to want to sleep by letting her cry for a short period of time, like half an hour, as long as she's already been fed and changed of course, instead of picking her up. Soon she'll be sleeping through the night. Hard to let your baby cry, I know, but worth it, from what I've heard.