Wednesday, February 1, 2006

So Seriously?

You know everyday i don't hear from Pen i just assume she's gone into labor and had the baby. This is why I believe daily posts are for the benefit of all blogdom.

I'm sort of shaking my head out of a reviere that involved: another search for a job, cash EDD check, laundry (1of3), post office, and web updating, disk defragmenting, song downloading, drivers, disk burning and general chacanery. So how to go about posting what is already fading from view.

Let's start with Hells Kitchen... And it's funny as I realized on my 'dusty' post that the 2 reality shows i have worked on both involved Hades, the other being the INFERNO. But 3 really makes a charm. So we'll wait and see. There's not much to say anyway after generally shaking my head the entire time saying- oh my god, i'm totally going to blog about this. like a jackass. waiting for someone to reply and when they do it was with minimal interest- like a) they didn't get it b) they didn't care c) they didn't get why i'd want to blog about it or d) they knew i was just baiting their interest and so had nothing to say.

Things I was totally going to Blog about: at 8pm after a 12 hour day the art director wanted the PA's to hose down the entire parking lot so that it could be painted and move all of her props, trash and equipment out of the way when she has a full crew of her own. Our question: why aren't the painters power washing this? Why it sucked: the water coming out in a trickle and standing there for an hour in a futile half-assed attempt. I stayed late and the 2nd PM walkied me and said I could go. The other PA's stayed. I felt dismissed. You'd think i would've been glad but leaving as a pack is better and it was my last night so it was hard to wrap up all the goodbyes. 2nd thing I totally wanted to blog about: The fire inspector was coming around at 8am the next morning so we had to clear all the crap from everywhere that other crews were too lazy to take care of in the first place. We cleared a room full of empty boxes from the art department to the outside dump area. Only for the art director to say she wanted to keep the boxes so we had to move them a 1/2 city block away to the furthest point on the lot at 9pm so she could store stuff in them later. We became an instant joke and an exercise in futility.

Random thoughts: the fruit parfait crafty made rocked, the blackwidows dangling down from the ceiling were so uncool, always make sure there are liners in the womens restroom so the people that clean them don't have to "dig out" anything- cuz it's gross, men still like to see women holding their own especially when it's an all-male PA crew- you do in fact become one of the boys, i like free food, hard works make my wrists stronger and they crack less, i spent a lot of time with boys, wear gloves, i understand why people stockpile food from crafty, keeping up appearances is very important, and lastly there is always someone who will piss you off who looks at you like they're judging you, there will always be a funny oddball, and the guy you knew from that other job, and the last minute thing that guarntees you won't leave on time.

Regrets: My non-invincible arches. Not being able to handle a 7pm to 7am shift. Not having a business card on hand when Rod asked for it- not knowing his full title or his last name and not being able to come back the next day to give it to him. Not being chipper at 9pm even when the 2nd PM said i was doing a good job. Some how despite attracting the favor of the 1st PM, enough for him to want to remember my name, the key-day-set PA from Alaska who i thought was awesome, and the art dept coordinator, who i ironed sheets for 5 hours for- realizing it wasn't enough to a) keep me employed there b) not really having a chance of being hired back in the future c) being conflicted about not thrilling everyone. d) telling yourself that there's always the next gig and only half believeing it to be true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It totally counts as a successful experience. They liked you. Ok, sometimes it counts even when they don't like you. Like the self-destructing show I worked on that I keep running into random people who also worked on it, or know someone who worked on it.

Granted, my dept. was fine, and they liked me, but I don't know that the exec producer liked ANYONE. Aside from himself.

Somebody's Mom said...

It's almost like I don't even need to talk to you when i read your blog.